Chapter 64

2019, December 25th - Wednesday | 4 pm

Aster's P.O.V:

I used to love Christmas when I was young.

Like, really love it. I would help Mrs. Taylor and the house staff to decorate the whole mansion I lived in with my family. I would wake up extra early on Christmas Eve so I would have all day to enjoy the Christmassy feeling. The scent of apple pie lingering in the air, the beautiful fairy lights all around our home, the snow piling up outside, everything felt magical, as if straight out of a fairy tale.

Ever since I remember, we would spend Christmas with the Styles. Desmond, Anne, and Harry would come to my parent's house to have dinner on Christmas Eve, and I, Dad, Mom, and Maddie would go to their apartment to have lunch on Christmas day. We were never a super religious family, but I'm glad we kept the tradition.

It was so much fun! Harry and I played around, causing a lot of trouble with our pranks, making the whole family laugh with the terrible jokes we invented, most of them not even making sense. Maddie usually built a blanket fort for us in the living room, and we would play house for a while before eventually falling asleep under the warm blankets.

And I would wake up just so sad the day after Christmas, knowing I had to wait a whole year to have those two magical days again. It was my favorite time of the year.

That is, until Maddie died and my mom abandoned us. My father buried himself in work and I would usually end up spending Christmas alone with the Styles family, and even though they would try to cheer me up, especially Harry who always tried to replicate Maddie's blanket tent for me, it was never the same anymore.

But if I knew I would lose those Christmas too, after Anne and Des divorced and Harry moved back to England, I would've enjoyed their company far more than I did at the time.

For years I spent Christmas alone, sometimes going to Calvin's family house in the country, sometimes just staying home with Tate and Brie. What used to be my favorite day in the year became the worst one, when I felt alone, abandoned, and unloved. It was terrible.

But now, after 12 years, I had a reason to be excited about Christmas again - because now I have Harry.

Well, to be honest, I was kinda pissed the week before Christmas because every time I would try to talk about it, Harry would change the subject or try to distract me with his magical dick, which I hate to say that worked a 100% of the time. It made me so angry I was even considering not to give him the presents I planned so carefully, especially when he spent the whole Saturday away doing God-knows-what and leaving me alone in his apartment for hours and hours.

I mean, I wasn't actually alone - Rickie and Abel made me company, and I took the opportunity to give their presents I bought while we were in Iceland. The surprise and happiness on Rickie's face when he saw the multi-colored Gucci suit and the bottle of Reyka Vodka, which is supposed to be the best in the world, at least according to people from Iceland. Abel was also super happy with his present, another bottle of Reyka, and a Versace leather jacket.

Giving them the gifts almost made me forget why I was so angry with Harry. But what really swept any bad feeling about him away from my mind and heart, was seeing the bright smile and happy face when he finally came home, telling me he had just got out of the phone with his mom and that if I wanted to, we could fly to London and spend the Christmas with Anne and her husband, Robin.

Boy, for a moment there I almost forgot about Rickie and Abel, giving them a live-sex performance.

As it always happens with Harry, it was rushed. He gave me less a day to organize and pack my bags and prepare myself to fly again, but I was so happy I didn't even complain about it. We took a normal, commercial plane this time because apparently Des was using their private jet, but it was a good flight - at least as good as it gets when it comes to Aster inside of a plane.