Chapter 56

2019, November, 16th - Saturday | 11:30 am

Aster's P.O.V.:

I've never woken up this late on a Saturday morning.

Last night, before we went to bed, I turned my alarm off for Harry's sake - he usually groans and whines every morning when it goes off at 5:30, shoving his head under the pillows to cover his ears and mumbling cuss words with his voice still heavy with sleep. So, today being Saturday, I decided to just turn it off and leave it for my natural clock to wake me up.

What I wasn't expecting was to drift off from sleep almost at noon, Harry still sound asleep by my side, his arms firmly wrapped around my waist, keeping my back nuzzled on his back. We're even sharing a pillow, even though my bed is king sized and there's about 4 pillows at our disposition, but honestly, I think we would be just as comfortable on a twin bed. Who wouldn't like it being a twin bed is Tate and Brie, both of them peacefully nuzzled by my side with half of the mattress for them.

As softly as I can manage, I grab Harry's arms, untangling them from my body so I can roll over the bed and away from his embrace. He wrinkles his nose but doesn't open his eyes, rolling to lay over his belly, legs and arms spreading on the bed like a starfish, his cute little butt pointing to the ceiling. He is completely naked, and his ass looks so soft I almost want to bite it.

Wrapping my fluffy pink robe around my body, I leave the bed, stepping lightly to the bathroom to brush my teeth and pee. My legs are a little wobbly and I'm super sore from last night, a sting of pain cursing through my body to each step I take.

But oh, it was worth it. It was so damn good.

So good he deserves breakfast in bed today, I've gotta say. And that's exactly what I'll do.

Stepping out of the bathroom, my eyes go straight back to the bed and an actual little whine falls from my lips as I see Harry spooning Tate, while Brie uses his hair as a pillow. It's the most endearing sight I've ever had in my life, and it takes all my self-control to step out of the room, instead of crawling back to the bed with them.

With a dumb smile playing on my lips, I leave my room, leaving the door slightly open behind me so Tate can leave the room if he wakes up, which I don't think is going to happen due to how comfortable they are, but you never know.

It's bizarre to think of how happy and relaxed I am right now, especially considering how my life has changed over the past two months. Everything I've always believed to be true turned out to be a lie, and I've been needing to cope with a lot of change, not only of perspective but also my own beliefs. I've been dealing with so much disappointment, so much frustration, I think it was expected for me to be in a permanent state of sorrow and anger.

But, surprisingly enough, I am not.

Of course, there's a lot of shit I need to deal with. The fact my dad's company, the one I'll inherit someday, is producing and selling illegal drugs. Or that two weeks ago I was chased by strangers whose intentions I still don't know about, or that I'm currently about to become the big sister of an innocent child, who is going to be born into this mess and become part of a much bigger chaos than I did when I was born.

And it might sound a little superficial and definitely futile to say this, being aware of how troubled my life has become, but the truth is, the only thing that keeps playing over and over in my mind are Harry's words.

I'm yours since day one, Bunny.

A smile creeps to my lips as I think about them and the meaning behind such simple words. Ever since I've admitted to myself I'm in love with Harry, I've been afraid of not being requited, afraid of him not loving me back, at least not like I love him. I mean, it's pretty obvious he cares about me, the things he has been saying to me are more than enough proof that he cares, but love? I wasn't sure about that.