Chapter one

Disclaimer:

This book is pure fiction and was not written with the intention of hurting one's sentiments or insulting any race, gender or religion.

All or any images and characters names were directly taken off google or pinterest.

Any similarities to another story is merely a coincidence.

*Please not that there might be some spacing issues in the book, as I had trouble copying the chapters from a word document.

_____________________________

Penelope was scared. She knew that she was being hasty when she decided upon meeting with the oracle and taking up a quest, but she also knew whether she went now or not, it would have to be completed by her since her name was dragged into some fucking dumb prophecy.

Penelope never believed much in prophecies nor did she worship the oracles like everyone else did. In fact, she stayed the hell away from those old hags with glowing eyes.
But her quest wasn't something as complicated as the other quests she had heard of. All she needed to do was release Prince Adonis from the Underworld, and how hard could that possibly be?

So of course she decided on taking the divine oath to complete this quest. That and since Alex received numerous praise from his first quest two weeks ago. Which did not sit well with her ego.

Honestly, sometimes she thought her ego was bigger than all the Gods combined. That was what Alex did to her.

He awaked her inner demon. Penelope wasn't someone who was easily infuriated, unless your name was Alexiares Flemming: a tall blue-eyed man that for some reason Aphrodite's descendants went crazy about. In other words, a total opposite description to the way she saw him: a manipulative, lying, arrogant son-of-a-Zeus.
Penelope and Alexiares clashed from the moment they met, which is ironic since his name literally means 'to ward off war'.

Being the gods of youth, sports and defensive strategy, Alex and his brother Anicetus are the twin sons of Hebe and Heracles; his actual name and not what he was known to the world as the Romans called him, Hercules.

Anicetus might look exactly like his brother but he certainly didn't have that I-was-born-to-defeat-Ares kind of chip of his shoulder. Anicetus was down to earth, humble and only spoke when spoken to.

It was already sunset as Penelope rested her head against a rock near the training arena. She saw Iaso approaching with her medical kit in her hand and sighed heavily.
Iaso was the daughter of Asclepius and the epitome of health. She had the ability to sense if her loved ones were hurt and needed her aid and would immediately know where they were. Penelope looked down at her bloody arm and grimaced at the deep gash as she adjusted her seating on the ground.
"For the Gods sake, Penelope, how much more training do you really need?" Iaso questioned as she put on her medical rubber gloves.

"Till I feel that I am better than him" Penelope said, with only determination in her eyes.
Penelope knew that the equation of a 'relationship' she shared with Alex wasn't healthy, but she couldn't help herself from hating him as much as she did and she couldn't even blame it on the Furies - since they'd been imprisoned in Tartarus.
Which was a bit much, Penelope thought, even though the Furies did cause endless of killing sprees with the Gods and Lords offspring, but seeing that Tartarus himself had his hands full with Kronos and his followers, the Furies should have been put under another deity's watch.

Penelope sighed as her conscience skipped to a few months ago, when a celebration party had been held in honour of Arete - God of Bravery, strength and wit - for completing his quest of imprisoning Empusa - a vile cannibalistic being that had flaming hair and mismatched legs.