Chapter fifty seven

Penelope wasn’t exactly sure what had happened, but once she and Adonis had stepped outside, they had been almost immediately teleported to the battleground.                                                                                                                                    Still unsteady and uneasy from the sudden transportation, Penelope rose from the field – which reminded her of the dessert terrain in the dry lands of the Underworld.                                                                                                                         She squinted her eyes at the change of bright light in comparison to the alley they were in a few seconds ago. Her hearing was also slightly indistinct, overpowered by the nagging sound of a siren of some sort.                                                             She felt Adonis’ presence before she turned around and saw him. He was telling her something, but all she could hear was that damned siren.                                                        Penelope pushed her index finger into her ear and shook her hand in an attempt to unblock her ear.                                                                                                         

Adonis placed both hands on her shoulders and looked into her eyes.                                                                                                                                                               “Are you ok? Penelope?”.                                                                                                              “Yes, I’m…fine Adonis, just…sudden teleportation is not highly rated on my list of transportation”.                                                                                                                             She turned her head to the left and noticed that Iaso and the wolves were there as well. Polydamas was further away, conversing with someone she did not recognise.                                                                                                                                    “What was that siren for?”.                                                                                                     Adonis took in a deep breath and nodded his head stiffly, then he looked behind him, at the mass of people gathered.                                                                                                                                                               “Our last warning to get our warriors into formation, for the war”.                                         “Fuck! We need to speak with Polydamas” She told him and Adonis agreed.

Polydamas calmed Penelope down before she even began to rant about not having enough time to speak with all the supporters that had also been summoned to Pedio Machis.                                                                                                           “I’m a veteran Lieutenant, queen of the Underworld, I will do my best to lead us to victory”.                                                                                                                                                      “As for wanting to speak to the supporters assembled in honour of fighting alongside their Titan queen, there is still time, if you wish to converse with them”.                                                                                                                                     Penelope nodded her head and briskly walked towards the crowd, Adonis and Polydamas closely following.                                                                                                All chattering ceased when she neared them. She set her shield onto the soil and plunged her sword into the ground, in between where she and Adonis stood.