Chapter thirteen

Penelope and Nyctimus were back in the garden, picking apples and also searching for the golden obol.                  “The furies surely have it in for you and your family” Nyctimus commented and removed the ladder to place it at another tree.
Penelope had just explained what had happened with her father and now her.                                                                “And to think they are doing all of this while being imprisoned on Tartarus, imagine what it would be like if they were free”.                                                      “Hell on earth” He replied and laughed whole heartedly at his own humour. “So…after you find the obol, how do you…plan on getting out?” Nyctimus nervously asked.                                                                                                                           
“I don’t know yet. You want to join?” Penelope asked, mischief in her eyes.    “I would do anything to get out of this place” He admitted.                                      “Then it’s settled, once we find the obol, you, me and my friend Iaso will somehow find a way out of here”.            “Ok and what happens after you find the third obol, how will you get to Morpheus?”.                                                                                                                                                                               
“A cave. All I have to do is sleep there, and once I hear Morpheus’ calling, I will find my way to him”.                            “A cave? Which one?” He asked.              “The cave of Sibyl” She answered and plucked an apple off the tree after a thorough inspection. 

                                                                                                                                                   “Are you serious?” He asked, the colour draining from his cheeks.                          “Yeah” Penelope nodded.                            “Why?”.                                                          “The cave of Sibyl is North of the city of Arcadia” He said as if the wind was knocked out of his lungs.                           “Oh? Nyctimus, I didn’t know that. You don’t have to accompany me all the way to the cave”.                                          “No, I have to. The only route to get to the cave is through Arcadia. You are the daughter of a Titan Lord. Even though us wolves have no enmity with your father or yourself, you will be trespassing into wolf territory. It’s too dangerous”.                                                                                                                                
“But Nyctimus, you will be seen as a trespasser as well”.                                      “I’ll deal with the new King, it’ll be fine, don’t worry. The only thing we need to worry about is finding the second obol”.                                                                Penelope felt a pang of guilt in her chest.
She was now the reason that Nyctimus would have to go to the City where he was exiled from.                                      
“I see now why the Furies put me in your path” He said with a soft smile.

Nyctimus and Penelope were shortly in the kitchen again, getting ready for serving dinner. Nyctimus handed the baskets of apples over to the same chef as earlier.
The chef mumbled something hurriedly with the roll of his eyes and threw his hands up in the air.
Nyctimus laughed and then he returned to Penelope.                                                                                                                              
“What was that all about?” She asked him.
“The chef was complaining about cooking for tomorrow’s feast”.                  “A feast? What is the occasion?” Penelope asked, intrigued.                          “Oh, I don’t know, probably nothing big” He answered, shrugging his shoulders.                                                      “No feast is held without a reason, Nyctimus” Penelope said, feeling slightly anxious. Iaso entered the kitchen and walked up to Penelope and Nyctimus.
“You’re right”.