Chapter fifty two

“No. Abso-fucking-lutely, not!” Rhode yelled and almost broke the contact from Delphin’s fist.                                                                                                                         “Rhode! Pay attention!” Their uncle yelled.                                                                     “Rhode, can you imagine our strength if Leia and I channel each other’s energies?”.                                                                                                                                           “I don’t want her involved with all this, she’s not capable of fighting against them”.                                                                                                                                      “Rhode! You and Leia are now the king and queen of the sea! Are you really putting the wellbeing of your queen above your people!? And nothing is going to happen to Leia. She’s strong and can defend herself”.                                                          Rhode paused.                                                                                                                                    “We don’t have much time Rhode” Penelope muttered as she watched her mother, Poseidon and the royal seamen approach.                                                         “Fine! Get her here”.                                                                                                                Penelope looked towards the rock where Iaso was and saw Leia there. She waved her hands frantically in the air, until Leia got the message and stood up. She held her hand up and nodded her head, indicating that she knew what Penelope was trying to convey to her.                                                                                   The sound of Poseidon’s shrill laughter filled Penelope’s ears and she whipped her head to the front.

“Look at you, merely able to gather a handful of associates to join you on your disastrous plan of killing my Kraken”.                                                                                         Penelope didn’t acknowledge Poseidon’s presence, instead she looked at Amphitrite.                                                                                                                                     “Mother?”.                                                                                                                                 “Don’t look at me, Penelope. You stripped me of my title. How could you do that to your mother?”.                                                                                                                     Penelope rolled her eyes and then quickly glanced at her brother to her side. She needed to buy them time and distract Poseidon and her mother - while they dealt with the beast. And the angrier they made Penelope, the better control she would have over her power.                                                           “Consider it my destiny, put into motion by the fates themselves. Or, think of it as penance for all those years my father was imprisoned because of you”. “Prometheus was imprisoned because he had an affair with the wife of a major God”.                                                                                                                                            “He didn’t deserve that harsh of a sentence. You could have broken him out. Did you not love him?”.                                                                                                              “Of course I could have but I…”.                                                                                          “Loved being queen more than anything else” Penelope finished her words.                                                     Then Amphitrite went still.                                                                                                        The kraken let out another low whimper and Penelope quickly raised her voice.