Chapter forty two

The Kraken was a humongous monstrous beast with thousands of razor sharp teeth, a sightless creature buried deep beneath the sea bed that Poseidon himself had created.                                                                                                                    Poseidon’s ring was engraved with the tentacles of the kraken, snaking up the bottom of his trident. As far as Penelope knew, whoever was gifted the ring would be able to control the beast. There were only two rings.                                                     One, her uncle had. The other was Poseidon’s.                                                                                                                       “Penelope, I must go now. I am always thinking of you and I wish you well. Take care, my sister”.                                                                                                                                “What news has your brother conveyed to you?” Adonis asked after Morpheus broke contact with Rhode and Penelope.                                                                      “Poseidon intends to release the kraken for the war”.                                                              “The kraken? Penelope, if the kraken is awoken for the war, there is no chance for us to win”.                                                                                                                    “I know, I know. We need to do something about it”.                                                          “We cannot go to the sea. Poseidon wants your head. Ask your brother to take care of things”.                                                                                                                      “If Rhode is seen anywhere near the seabed where the Kraken is, Poseidon will lose trust in his son. I cannot let that happened, Poseidon might consider Triton for the throne” Penelope relayed, shaking her head. She crossed her one leg over the other and rested her elbow on her knee, her cheek falling into place into the palm of her hand.                                                                                                       “I need to get into contact with my uncle, Delphin. I last saw him moments before I was captured and put into a cell in Zeus’ dungeon”.                                                 “I agree with Penelope. Delphin will be of aid”.                                                                       “Can you trust your uncle, Penelope?”.

Penelope stood up from her seat on the bed.                                                                    “Delphin is a man greedy for power. He was the one who sold my father’s freedom in exchange for a seat on the council of Olympus. But I feel that he has now understood his mistake. He was the one to deliver to me the second obol. While we in the storeroom and about to get caught, I told him to hide away behind one of the many shelves on the storeroom. That was the last time I had seen him”.                                                                                                                           “You were captured with the intent of being hanged and still, your uncle did not rescue you?” Adonis questioned.                                                                                         “He must’ve fled straight after that. He’ll always save his skin first, before another’s”.                                                                                                                                                      “So how can you be certain that he will be honest to you and offer his support?”.                                                                                                                                                  “I cannot. But if he crosses me again, I will kill him”. Penelope’s face relaxed and then she sighed.                                                                                                                           “My uncle, he wears the ring that controls the kraken”.                                             “Poseidon trusts him so much to give him his ring?” Adonis asked, his face contorted in confusion. Penelope shook her head.                                                                       “There are two rings, Adonis. Poseidon still wears the other”.