Chapter forty nine

Penelope’s body jolted with the shock. The new king of the sea was crowned? Was it Rhode or was it Triton?                                                                                                               So that was why the sea seemed so desolate and quiet. They were all gone to witness the crowing of their new king.  Penelope looked to her father for guidance.                                                                                                                                    “Go to cave before the Poseidon’s city, you know which one? The one you often played in, hiding away from your brothers”.                                                            Prometheus didn’t tell her what she would find there and she didn’t ask. She knew now that there were only certain things he was unable to tell her. Nevertheless, any decision her father made was in her favour. Penelope nodded and embraced her father.                                                                                                         “I’ll see you at Pedio Machis?” She asked him, slightly uncertain. Prometheus simply nodded and then he looked to Adonis.                                                                  “Take care of my daughter”.                                                                                                    “Always” Adonis answered and interlocked his fingers with Penelope’s. She smiled up at his beautiful face and then they began to swim away.

Getting to the cave near Poseidon’s palace took them some time. And all the while they travelled, Penelope wondered why Rhode hadn’t met her in the city of Tropis like he said he would.                                                                                                 Did that mean that he was captured or that he was crowned? Would Poseidon imprison his own son? If he got in the way, then sure.                                              Penelope could see that Iaso was anxious as well. She was probably thinking about Leia.

The four of them swam in total silence till they reached the cave. Roy had stayed in the city of Tropis on Nyctimus’ orders, to communicate something to Aeiron.                                                                                                                                   Penelope placed her hand against the private property sign she and her brother’s had made when they were younger.                                                                                  Then she heard a groan coming from inside the cave. Every nerve ending in her body sparked in attention. She looked back at Nyctimus and Iaso and told them to wait outside. Then she and Adonis cautiously went into the cave.                   Penelope formed a small flickering ball of fire and then threw it in. She and Adonis watched until the ball rolled and stopped abruptly against a rock. With the force, the encasing air bubble disappeared and the fire immediately doused out.                                                                                                                                              “Pensie?”.                                                                                                                                      

Penelope went rigid. There was only one person that called her by that name.                                                     Penelope formed two large balls of blazing fire, almost lighting up the entire cave.                                                                                                                                            Against the back wall of the cave, sat Delphin. He had a bandage covering his right shoulder.                                                                                                           “Uncle! What happened?” She cried and knelt down by his side.                                       “That, what should not have happened”. Penelope looked from Delphin to Adonis.                                                                                                                              “What?” She asked him, her voice barely a whisper.