Chapter forty four

Adonis walked out of the tent in search of Nyctimus. He had a bone to pick with him. Well, a few.                                                                                                                    Since their meeting on the mountain, Adonis could feel Nyctimus’ strong desire for Penelope. He could basically see him salivating at the corners of his mouth for Penelope.                                                                                                                                 

For his Penelope.                                                                                                                  

Nyctimus couldn’t keep his eyes off her either, but Penelope didn’t seem to notice his attraction towards her. That was good. And he wanted it to stay that way.                                                                                                                                                        

Earlier, on the mountain, outside the cave, Adonis knew Nyctimus’ intentions of having her ride on his wolf’s back and so he simply stated that she would ride with him instead.                                                                                                                          

Adonis spotted Nyctimus standing outside another tent further across the land, neatly set up beneath the slope of the mountain. Adonis straightened his posture and walked up to Nyctimus.                                                                                                                      “Can you maybe keep your eyes off my queen?” Adonis asked him in a voice meant to be calm, instead he sounded infuriated and jealous.                                                                                                                                               

Nyctimus looked taken aback. He hadn’t expected a confrontation from Adonis, and well, neither did Adonis himself.                                                      “Err…look, Adonis…”.                                                                                                                  “No, do not even try to justify your actions. I know what you want, what you really want”.                                                                                                                                

“And what is it that you are so sure of that I want?” Nyctimus challenged with an aloof smile.                                                                                                                         “Wolf. I am the God of Desire. I can basically smell the lust in your pants whenever you look at Penelope. I can feel your heart rate speed up if she gives you a simple glance”.                                                                                                         

Nyctimus folded his arms across his chest. He was not intimidated by the God of desire.                                                                                                                                       “Penelope is mine. She chose me. I suggest you stop yearning for her so. You don’t know what I am capable of”. Nyctimus swallowed.                                                  This conversation was unnecessary, Nyctimus knew that Penelope’s decision of being the queen to the king of the Underworld was above Adonis’ selfish reasons.