Chapter forty seven

After Nyctimus sniffed the route back to the Metaforeas, they all mounted the furry creatures and then teleported straight to Mavro Vouno. The minute they jumped off the Metaforeas’ back, the strong ash of the mountain filled Penelope’s nose. She broke into a fit of coughing and then pulled a face.                      “Have you been here before?” She asked Adonis.                                                                 “No, first time”.                                                                                                                                   They had landed right outside the cave, so they didn’t have to hike up. Perks of travelling on the furry back of a teleporting creature.                                                                      

“Don’t dismiss the Metaforeas yet, there’s a bridge over a sea of lava that would rather be safer to teleport over”.                                                                              Adonis narrowed his eyes and then nodded. Then Roy and Iaso appeared. They waited for another second or four and then Nyctimus appeared on the mountain as well.                                                                                                                      “Hecate is probably waiting for us” Penelope said. Nyctimus frowned at her as she got back onto the Metaforeas. Iaso spoke to clarify his unasked question. “There’s lava inside. It would be better to fly or teleport straight over it. The bridge built across it has not exactly been nominated for any architectural awards”.

Nyctimus, Roy and Adonis mounted the Metaforeas again and then teleported themselves inside the cave. They got off the furry creatures and Adonis instructed them to wait.                                                                                                           Penelope conjured up flames in both of her hands while Nyctimus and Roy transformed their eyes to that of their wolves, so they could see better in the dimly light cave. Penelope walked upfront with Adonis at her side. The others following in tow.                                                                                                                “Welcome, Penelope, Queen of the Underworld. Welcome Adonis, King of the Underworld”.                                                                                                                                                “Hecate” Adonis acknowledged, when she emerged before them dressed in her plain white flowy dress.                                                                                                    “And to their friends and allies, welcome”.                                                                                        Nyctimus and Roy were performing a curtsy, but Hecate stopped them.                         “There is no need for that, future wolf king of Atlantis. Please, arise”.                                                                                   “It seems you’ve begun the last part of your journey” She said to Penelope. “Yes. And I am here to ask for your assistance, again”.                                                                                        “Yes, of course. I will prepare you the same potion that I had created for you and your other friends”.                                                                                                             She glanced knowingly at Iaso, who gave her a slight smile. And then her eyes lingered on Adonis long enough for Penelope to start feeling jealous.                              Hecate cleared her throat and then disappeared behind a large rock in the cave. Penelope turned her head to look at Adonis.