Chapter nine

“Talk to me Penelope, what’s the real reason for not coming here in two years?”.
Triton and Penelope were in her room sitting opposite each other on the clam bed. It was way past midnight, but Penelope couldn’t fall asleep. Triton had noticed the light seeping through from the space beneath the door and popped his head in to check up on his sister.                                                               
                                                                      “You know, there are rumours going around here at sea. Rumours about a prophecy…”.                                                                                                                                                  
Penelope looked down at her tail and ruffled up the scales and then back down, uncertain whether she should be telling him about it.                                “Hey, you can talk to me” He said softly and caressed her cheek with the back of his hand.                                                           
                                                                        “It’s true. That’s why I’m here, to find one of the obols”.                                           “What makes you think that it will be here?” Triton asked with a slightest shrug of his shoulders.                                                                                                                        
“There was a clue; the place where it hurts most to visit” Penelope asked and looked at the ground.                                  “What? How does that make sense?” He prodded.                                                          “Because Poseidon captured my Father, Triton. He’s been stuck in that dungeon for over 20 years now. After everything that he had to go through in the dry lands because of Zeus, and now his brother, your Father is just continuing the torture. I missed out my entire life without a Father, just because he had affair with our mother. How is that fair Triton? More than twenty years’ imprisonment for having an affair with the sea king’s wife? It’s so dramatic. Actually no, it’s barbaric!”.  

                                                                                                                                                “Shhhh….” Triton pulled Penelope into his arms to stop her from ranting and she immediately calmed down.
“You can’t tell anyone, Triton. Please promise me” She sobbed into his neck.  “I promise” He said, reassuringly.                                                                                                            
Triton’s right hand played with her hair, while his left was at her lower back. Penelope stiffened as she felt his left hand slip further down her back. “Triton!” She exclaimed and pushed him back, moving off his lap.                    “It’s ok, Pen, no one is here to see us. I even reassigned this floors guards, so we wouldn’t be disturbed” Triton said with a smirk and started coming closer. “What the Hell? Triton, you’re my brother. How can you think this is ok?” She asked him, completely shocked.                                                                                 

Half-brother. We’re descendants of Greek Gods and Titans, Penelope, of course it’s ok. Now come here”.                                                                                 

Penelope could not believe the trash that Triton was talking. She barely managed to keep the bile from coming out of her mouth.                                          “You are disgusting!” She yelled and swam out of the room as quickly as she could. While she made her journey to the dungeon, she kept on looking over her shoulder to see if Triton was behind her. It was even more riskier to go and see her Father now, but she couldn’t give a damn. Penelope got rid of the uncomfortable feelings she had and made her Father her number one priority.