Chapter twenty four

“Open your eyes, Penelope”.                                                                                                      
She did as she was told and looked around her. She was lying down on a huge soft but comfortable bed, her legs were twisted in the silk sheets. And when she looked at her legs, she noticed that she wasn’t wearing the boring black track pants she wore earlier.                                                                                                

Instead she was only dressed in a short white lace silk strappy sleep dress, one that she was certain did not cover the necessities.                                                             

“What the…”.                                                                                                                     “It’s the rules of my abode, Penelope”.                                                                     Penelope looked around the room for the voice that had spoken to her. She slipped off the bed and walked towards the balconette where a man’s figure was hidden behind the bellowing of white curtains.                                                                         

Penelope shifted the silk drapes away to reveal a shirtless man resting his arms on the wall of the balconette. He was wearing silk wide legged pants.                                                             “Morpheus?” She asked him, uncertainty tinting her silvery voice.                                                                            He turned around and looked at her intently, his penetrating eyes gazing over every part of body, while Penelope studied the man in front of her.                                      

Morpheus was easy on the eyes. He had thick brown curly hair that spurred you into wanting to run your hand through his hair. He was so harmlessly boyish with his pink pouting lips and kind baby blue eyes that could make any modern day woman swoon, it was a pity he was tucked so far away in his castle, in another world. 

                                                                                                                                      Morpheus lips then stretched into a smile, as if he knew exactly what she thought about him.                                                                                                                         
Did he know?                                                                                                                      His smile broadened, and then he spoke.                                                                                        

“Yes, daughter of Prometheus, thief of the….”. Regardless of being caught out, Penelope naturally sighed, which seemed to humour Morpheus.                                                                            

“You don’t like hearing your father’s title?” He asked her with an amused smile.                                                                                                                                         
“It’s the ‘thief’ part that gets to me. He might have stolen fire, but he had good intentions, he’s not a bad person”.                                                                                        
“You and I know that, however the Gods do not see it that way. His actions gave him that title. But things are changing, Penelope. You are making things change”. Penelope sighed again and Morpheus smiled, leading Penelope by her hand to his bed.                                                                                                                       
“Please, unburden your soul. I promise you will feel better”. His tone was so playful, so inviting, that Penelope obliged and sat down on the bed.                                                                                                                                        
“There’s just so much pressure on me, you know?”. “I know, beauty, I know”.                                                                                                     
“And there’s so much at stake as well. While I am here, by body is in danger. The council of Olympus wants me dead. If they find my body, they will kill me. They have not one reason to spare my life”.