Chapter fifty five

Nyctimus shut his eyes tightly, his teeth clenched together as he tried his best to block out the incessant moaning and sounds of skin slapping against skin coming from a distance.                                                                                                                                            Not even Iaso’s pointless blabbering helped him to take the focus off from Penelope and Adonis.                                                                                                                       Nyctimus had marched over to Iaso in attempt to distract him, asking her to explain exactly how her powers had worked.                                                                                    At first – of course – she was suspicious of his curiosity, but he somehow managed to persuade her into getting her to talk about something he had absolutely no concern in.                                                                                                    Which was part of the problem. If he was listening to something remotely interesting, he’d be obliged to pay attention.                                                                                              Nyctimus looked at Roy, who was standing right next to Iaso, listening intently and asking all the correct questions which prompted answers from Iaso.

“Yes, I could possibly heal all cancer patients, but healing humans takes way too much energy. And what would I even tell the patient and their family members?”.                                                                                                                                   “I suppose the council of Olympus has laws in place preventing that from happening anyway, right?”.                                                                                             “Like I give a fuck about what the council of Olympus has to say”.                              It was amazing how one short crass word was able to divert Nyctimus’ attention back to the reason why he was engaging in futile conversation.                                      Nyctimus fisted his hands at his sides and took a deep breath in.                                             By now he could hear Penelope practically begging Adonis to let her come, as well as Adonis’ warning.                                                                                                      The scintillating scent of Penelope’s arousal was beginning to halt his rational thought process.                                                                                                                                       “Fuck. I cannot do this” Nyctimus blurted out, causing Iaso and Roy to stop their chattering.                                                                                                                      “What now?” Iaso asked him.                                                                                                              “Uh…Alpha’s just having a problem dealing with a tiny issue” Roy offered with widened eyes as he looked between Iaso and Nyctimus.                                                      “Right. A tiny issue” Nyctimus grunted, his chest heaving heavily.                                                             “What do you mean? Actually I don’t care, I need to find Penelope, I think she’s experiencing a little pain”.                                                                                                                      “No! I mean, she fine, I’m sure. She’s with Adonis, isn’t she?” Roy babbled. “Yes, but I won’t be satisfied until I see her for myself” Iaso said and walked off to look for Penelope and Adonis.                                                                                          Roy sighed and then followed Iaso along with Nyctimus.                                                                                                                               “How much pain is she in?” Nyctimus grumbled.                                                                                                      “Not a lot, it’s feint”.                                                                                                             “Exactly, she could have stumped her toe on a rock or something stupid like that” Roy offered with a sheepish smile.                                                                                                                                               “I don’t care. I need to see her”.