Chapter forty one

"Why didn't you tell me that you loved me?" Adonis asked while he sat with Penelope on the throne and accepted gifts from their subjects. "I have never been in love before, Adonis. I didn't really know until the Muse Calliope asked me". "You truly are something". "That's why you love me". Adonis laughed and shook his head dismissively. A small peasant girl tugged on the edge of Penelope's dress, her other hand lightly tapping Penelope's shoulder. "Are you here to win the war for us?". Penelope looked at Adonis for an explanation. "She's a Titan soul from the Elysian Fields. Now that you are crowned queen of the Underworld, you are able to be in physical contact with souls". Penelope took a few seconds to digest that fact and then she turned her attention back to the little girl in front of her and smiled. "Once I have all the support I need for the battle, I swear I will try my utmost best to lead the war to victory, ok?". "Ok" The little girl answered and handed Penelope a single white anemone. Penelope showed the flower to Adonis and then kept it on her lap.

"What do you think is happening with Zeus and Poseidon right now?". "Since the Muse Calliope crowned you and I, Zeus and Poseidon have both been dethroned. They would have felt the power running through their veins, reduce. They will have by now lost the respect in the eyes of their followers and their fellow Gods. No doubt that the many sons and daughters and grandchildren of Zeus are fighting amongst themselves for the crown of the sky. And Poseidon is probably on the verge of calling on the Muse Calliope for a meeting to crown his eldest son". "My brother Triton does not have anyone in his life to opt as his queen. Poseidon might be forced to give the throne to Rhode". "Perhaps. Once we are done here, we need to prepare ourselves to leave for Morpheus' house. He will be able to assist in contacting possible warriors".

Hecate leisurely walked up to Penelope and Adonis. She had a soft smile on her face, a goblet in her left hand. "King and Queen of the Underworld" She said and gave a slight bow. Penelope got up and stopped her from making a full curtsey. "You need not do that for us". "You and Adonis are the rulers of the Underworld, expect a curtsey from all minor Gods and Goddesses". "Not all Gods and Goddesses are in favour of this union" Adonis said and stood up. "All adjustments require time for acceptance. The Greeks and Titans have always hated each other. This union is the first of the joining between a Greek and a Titaness, acceptance will come in time". "I am afraid time is not what we have". "Patience, Adonis. All will be well". "Hecate, you were right about my ranks being raised". "Do you remember the last words I spoke to you on Mavro Vouno?". "Remember what you stand for?". "When you were departing from the mountain, you had not known what you stood for. Do you know now?". Penelope looked down to the floor, where the white anemone had fallen when she had gotten up from her seat. She bent down and then picked the flower up.