Chapter thirty one

Adonis sprinted to the front entrance of his King’s castle the minute Penelope stepped out of the fields. Once he reached the front threshold, he stood patiently with his arms folded at his back, the tails of his leather coat whipping around in the strong winds, as he waited for her to return.                                                 Would she be thankful or angry after she learns of the reasons why she was sent there?                                                                                                                           Adonis wished that his king was proved right and he, wrong. They all saw and felt the explosion of power coming from the Elysian Fields, which could only have been generated from Penelope.                                                                                        

He was both stunned and pleased that it had happened, for it meant that she had stopped suppressing her full capabilities.                                                                                     The winds picked up speed as she neared the castle. She was closer now and he could see how wearisome she was. It seemed as though she was struggling to even lift her feet above the thick dessert sands.                                                        Adonis walked towards her, first slowly and then briskly.                                                       He noticed the shiny armour in her hand and beamed knowing it was a gift from Hector of Troy. He soon reached her and lifted her, tucking his one arm under her thighs, the other supported the small of her back.                                       

Penelope smiled weakly at him, her head resting against his chest as she rested in his arms, and then he walked towards the castle.                                                                    By the time Adonis had reached her room and placed her down on the bed, she was fast asleep. He took off her shoes and removed her daggers, placing them both on the floor across the room. He removed the armour from her grip as well and placed it next to the daggers. He covered her with a throw and closed the room door behind him.

Penelope tossed and turned in the bed before she fully awoke. She peered around the room with her stronger eye and then stretched out her sore limbs. She flipped the throw that was covering her and rose from the bed.                

She noticed that she still wore battle gear and went to dresser to pick out some comfortable looking clothes.                                                                                            She walked in to the bathroom and stripped completely. Penelope opened the shower door and then closed it behind her. She turned on the tap to full heat and sighed in content when the hot water hit her skin.                                            She scrubbed away the dirt and sand from her hair and body and when she felt clean, she turned off the water and stepped out onto the fluffy bathroom rug.                                              

After drying herself completely, she dressed into the plain black pants and shirt she had chosen.                                                                                                                              The nap she had after returning from the Elysian Fields had done her good and she was able to revive her powers, so she conjured up a full hand of flames to dry her hair.                                                                                                                                Penelope ran her left hand of fire through her hair a few times and let the flames disintegrate after her hair was finally dry. Penelope put on her socks and sneakers and left the room.

She walked straight to the dining room, hoping that she would find all three of them there. And they were.                                                                                                 “Come forth, Penelope, I believe you have some questions” Hades said and Penelope walked straight up to him. Persephone sat next to her husband and Adonis stood to her side.                                                                                                         “You sent me to the fields to meet Epimetheus and Hector?”.                                               “Yes. I hoped that the meeting was productive?”.                                                                  “It was. I found out some things that I was never told before. Things that I should have known”.                                                                                                             “Then I consider your visit to the Elysian fields quite beneficial. Is there perhaps anything else that you would like to tell me?” He asked her, with a cheerful sparkle in his eye.                                                                                                         “No, nothing. I did however receive a gift from Hector”.                                                             “Ah, the ever so favourite armour of Achilles. A very useful artefact, in my opinion”.