EP:2

Chapter 2

Tiana's Perspective

"A person could feel dead inside while existing amongst the living world."-Unknown

FLASHBACK: June 7th, 2014

•••••

SWARMS of people gathered in the crowded space of my mother's living room dancing to loud explicit music. Angie was nowhere to be found as second-hand smoke entered my lungs and the scent of alcohol surrounded me. I had checked all over the house and I still could not find her. I pushed through the dense area bumping into random strangers and a few familiar faces until one person, in particular, came into my view. Quincy, at just the age of sixteen I had already discovered my one true love. My brain could not process information in his presence causing me to act foolishly. Not only was he gorgeous, tall, strong, charismatic, and extremely athletic, he was also smart as hell.

       Everyone knew he was going to graduate at the top of his class in a few years. When Quincy glanced up in my direction, I put on a cheesy smile trying my best to gather a naturally inviting composure. He came up to me nodding his head with a cocky smirk, a simple gesture that went straight to my head.

"What's good Tia?" he asked still holding that confident smirk.

I had no clue how to respond. How did he even know my name? I mean we had conversed often and I was fairly known around school, but definitely not like Angie. I was merely average never sticking out in a crowd, which I didn't mind. With my big brown eyes, dark brown skin, small frame lacking of curves, medium brown straightened hair, and introverted personality nothing about me stood out. However, Angie was a sight for sore eyes and she was confident about her looks as well.

My older sister was the most outgoing person I had ever met. Possessing big natural curls she had been rocking since we were toddlers, a short and curvy frame that always turned necks, caramel skin with a beautiful set of teeth to go along with her captivating smile, and a signature walk conveying authority. Angie was a walking goddess.

"Nothing just trying to make it past a sea of people," I responded back to Quincy, he looked at me as if I was crazy with a cocked eyebrow.

"Just push through." He laughed at my reply pulling me through the crowd with him.

"That's not possible considering everyone here is probably bigger and taller than me. Pushing would be useless."

I was not ashamed of my outside exterior, but if we're comparing looks Quincy was way out of my league. If I could stare at his face all day that could be accomplished with no problem.

"Aye, never underestimate small people."

"True, you have a point."

We hurried outside of the party onto the front porch welcoming the hot Oregon air. The blue jean shorts Angie had picked out clung to me tightly as I viewed the various cars parked outside the driveway. Standing in silence was starting to annoy me so I started a conversation.

"You're an amazing football player."

"Thanks, I guess that's safe to say. What about you? Any hobbies or sports you like?"

"Not really, I'm not into sports or anything that requires a person to be social either."

He chuckled at my dry humor.