EP:14

Chapter 14

Angie's Perspective

"In the end, we all just want someone who chooses us...Over everyone else, under any circumstances."-Unknown

•••••

IN the end, what will we remember? When we are positioned in our casket the essence of our temple surrounding family members, what will matter? The only thing that should matter is love. The love we shared with family, friends, and soulmates. Everyone is destined to find their soulmate no matter how long it may take. All of these questions played out in my head as soft melodies of a vocalist's voice entered my ears. It had only been hours, but it felt as if we were dancing to our own dedicated music on another planet for a few blissful minutes. I was his muse and he was mine. We were meant for one another. The red light hung above us as our bodies continued to move to the rhythm of soft blues music. This was the best time I'd had in months with Jeremy and I didn't want it to end, but like all good things, it had to.

"You know I love you with everything in me right?" Jeremy spoke as my head laid on his firm chest taking in the moment.

"Of course"

We continued rocking from side to side, "I'm sorry for being so hard on you all the time."

"Shh, that's okay baby you don't have to explain yourself."

Growing up without a father took a toll on me. I started helping my mother raise Tia at a very early age. Without a man in the picture, my mother took care of us both on her own, so the idea of having a man to take care of me sometimes put fear in my heart. Fear of the idea that one day Jeremy might pack up and leave me. Jeremy didn't understand that concept, he grew up with both of his parents. They'd been married for over twenty years. Jeremy has seen the happy ending so he knew how to care for a woman and reciprocate love, I knew none of that, though he was teaching me as best as he could.

"Why do you love me so much?" I asked truly curious.

"Do I even have to answer that question, Angie?"

I sighed closing my eyes enjoying the moment of togetherness for as long as I could.

"I was thinking...about our anniversary this year." He spoke.

"Yea"

"How about redoing our ceremony and vows. You know, explaining why we love each other so much again?"

"You really want to do that?" I asked looking up at him with dough eyes.

"Mhm, then I can truly tell you all the reasons why I love you." He took my hand giving it a subtle kiss as I batted my eyelashes.

"I would love that baby. The kids weren't born when we got married and everything was so rushed. It would be great for Jamal to watch us share our vows again."

"Yes, it would."

He swung me around as the crowd started clearing out due to the club soon closing.

"You remember our first date?" Jeremy asked making me giggle.

"How could I forget? Your pants ripped in front of a group of children at a playground and you got registered as a sex offender for an entire month until we went to court and explained the situation to a jury."