EP:9

Chapter 9

Tiana's Perspective

"It's okay to be a glow stick, sometimes we need to break before we shine."-Unknown

•••••

THE past few weeks had been draining me mentally and physically. Between dealing with getting my car out of Dublin and completing this job process I was beyond tired. If it wasn't for the help of Matthew and Cindy things would have never gotten done. Although I was not completely comfortable with Matthew all up in my business, he was a sweet guy who didn't mind assisting me.

I had been sleeping at a shelter a few miles away from the dealership and washing my clothes at a laundry matt a few blocks away from the shelter with the little money that I did have. Matthew and I were currently in a vacant room of the dealership working on my assessments at a computer. They weren't necessarily hard assessments since I knew a good bit of information about cars, but not enough to answer a plethora of customer concerns. Matthew had promised he'd allow one of the mechanics to help assist me with some more background knowledge on various types of vehicles.

"Alright, you're pretty much done with all of the assessments Tiana it's just that the last one is very rigorous, it's going to require a lot of time and information," Matt said placing his hand on the back of my shoulder as I concentrated on the computer screen.

"That's fine."

"I'm going to get one of my best mechanics to help you out." Matt jotted a name down on a sticky note along with other information handing it to me.

"I have a dentist appointment this morning so I'm going to head out, but one of my mechanics working this morning will be happy to help you out with the training aspect of cars for a few hours. Go to the ground floor of the main garage and ask for an Owen he knows the most about cars here. I'm in a bit of a rush, if you need help getting there just ask someone." Matt threw on his jacket grabbing his suitcase.

"I'll see you later on this week." He said before leaving out of the door.

I looked down at the sticky note in wonder grabbing a few documents off of the table taking them with me sliding my Android in my pocket after checking the time.

The halls were crowded considering it was still early so business was booming. I walked through the halls at a slow pace trying my hardest not to bump into a person on the way to the elevator. This was a huge dealership, I'm guessing Wilcox had a lot of money.

It wasn't hard to find the ground floor but with the number of people walking around it was hard to get around. Once I got to the ground floor the air became thick, gas and smoke entered my lungs and my line of vision. I walked straight down the hall to the section for mechanics and pushed the door open entering a run-down garage full of tools and rustic vehicles. Not a single body stopped working due to my presence, it was as if they hadn't heard me walk through the door.

"Excuse me," I spoke in my tiny voice, no one replied.

I took a helmet from a nearby toolbox banging it on a wall yelling, "Excuse me!" I'd gotten too invested in trying to gather the attention of strangers that when I opened my eyes after yelling everyone looked at me as if I needed mental help.

I paused taking in the eyes staring at me like a crazy bat and dropped the helmet holding my hands together like a toddler in trouble.