EP:44

Chapter 44

Andre's Perspective

"Be a good person but don't waste time to prove it."-Unknown

•••••

    THE red ball slowly rolled across the pool table close to the hole making my excitement die down. I put the pool stick to my side while Twon's dramatic ass did some silly dance celebrating my loss. I was so in my head at the moment that the game of pool wasn't even that fun to me. Ally hadn't spoken to me in weeks and she wouldn't let up, silly of me to believe she would only hold her petty ass grudge for a few days.

"Man you need to get yo head in the game we fuckin' losing," Owen said drinking a beer.

"My bad man imma tighten up can't let these niggas win," I said referring to Twon and Kenny.

    We had all just got off from work about a few hours ago and needed a chill night out even though it was a weekday, so we went to a local bar in the city to play pool, drink, and just talk shit.

"You niggas already six points behind this shit is over with," Twon said dapping Kenny up as they laughed.

"Man whatever it's just some damn game."

"Some game? Nigga that game cost me twenty dollars you need to step it up." Owen said handing Twon and Kenny both a ten dollar bill.

"Man I ain't playin' no more I'm only losing money." Owen left heading over to the bar.

"Yeah, this shit ain't fun if you ain't even tryin." Twon put his pool stick up checking his phone.

"My bad yall I just got other shit on my mind. Ally hasn't spoken to me in weeks, we never go this long without talking."

"She still mad about the parkin lot incident?"

"Mad ain't even the word it's more than that, but she just gotta understand where I'm comin' from I know how these dudes roll out here. Some of these niggas so low down dawg."

Kenny gave me a weird expression before putting his pool stick up.

"You right man but you gotta let her learn on her own I mean Ally's twenty-five Dre she ain't no lil girl no more," Kenny said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

    I took in what he had just said. Maybe it was time to let Ally experience handling things like this on her own, but I had tried that once before and it had ended badly. I just didn't want to see her get hurt again.

"You might be right about that one G." 

"Aye yall they got a good special on some chicken tonight." Owen came back with a menu in his hand grinning.

"Man you always thinkin' bout some food," Twon said chuckling.

"Nigga four dollars for a leg and thigh combo."

"Damn that's good as fuck."

"Right"

Owen's phone lit up as a big ass smile hit his face. He unlocked his phone typing fast as hell.