EP:13

Chapter 13

Owen's Perspective

"And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul."-John Muir

•••••

I rarely got off days throughout the week, so when Matthew notified me that instead of coming into work on Thursday mechanics would just have a brief meeting, I was more than overjoyed. Not to mention the sun was out and I was in a great mood. After the meeting, I met up with my boys and we decided to get a bite together at Lizzy's, a cool cafe downtown in Savannah. Upon entering the cafe we saw Andre's little sister Ally along with Tiana, I guess she made friends fast.

Andre approached Ally and Tia as the rest of us followed greeting them. They started making conversation as I sat down checking my emails. Tiana was very quiet minding her business, something she always did. It ultimately made me more interested in her as a person, she was like a little mystery to me. After being in her presence multiple times now I noticed she wasn't like most females.

She never dressed up or put much effort into her appearance. Nor did she wear makeup or spend too much time dealing with her hair. Which was wildly attractive because she was effortlessly beautiful in the best way possible. I liked her demeanor as well, very low key much like mines. I caught myself staring at her for too long looking back down at my phone. I tuned more into the conversation going on around me as Kenny explained how Kasey wrecked Twon's car with a bat the other night. I still didn't see shit funny though, niggas actin' like they can offer me a place to stay if I got evicted. Kenny kept laughing like a wild animal standing up in the cafe attracting attention.

"Dude sit down it ain't even that funny." Twon said obviously still upset about Kasey's actions.

"What all happened for her to do that?" Ally asked laughing.

"Man I was sick of her shit, the girl got trust issues...bad always breathin' down my neck and stuff. She accuses me of cheating on her every week, so I finally broke it off." Twon explained.

"Damn," Ally put her hand on Twon's shoulder still laughing.

I caught Tia laughing as well while eating some salad covering her mouth. For some reason, I wanted her attention I liked the way she reacted to everything I said to her. She was never prepared for what came out of my mouth.

"What you laughin' at?" I teased her.

"Definitely not you."

"Damn it's like that?"

"Very much so."

"So you would do some crazy shit like that?" I asked.

"Maybe, but not to a car," she glared at me.

"You beat my ass with a bat I'm callin' the authorities."

She started laughing, cute.

"I'm just kidding I would never do that."

"Girl never say never, these niggas will drive you mad. I really don't blame Kacey knowin' Twon." Ally said as Twon glared at her.