EP:49

Chapter 49

Tiana's Perspective

"Today I decided to forgive you. Not because you apologized or because you acknowledged the pain that you caused me, but because my soul deserves peace."-Najwa Zebian

•••••

    WHEN we arrived back at the venue the building was no longer lit up, but dark instead. Angie held onto the cake walking while observing her surroundings. I walked in front of her twirling Jeremy's keys in my hand with a slick smile on my face.

"Wow, those are a lot of cars for a few clients." She stated still looking around.

     I went up to the front door Jeremy told me to go through walking in first before Angie. The room was pitch dark as silence invaded the open area. Angie walked in behind me dropping the cake box from becoming startled due to a bunch of loud screams.

"Surprise!"

      Everyone jumped up yelling while I turned on a few lights to the side of me. The cake laid smashed on the floor in a flipped over box as Angie held onto her chest ultimately smiling.

"Awe you guys this is so sweet!" She held her hands together blushing.

Jeremy appeared from behind a couple of people walking up to us with his hands in his pockets.

"Happy birthday baby." He pulled her into a hug.

"You planned all of this Jeremy?"

"Yes, along with the help of Tia."

"That's so sweet, I love you both so much." She grabbed me throwing me into the hug as well.

"Everyone else helped out too setting up and everything," I said.

"Wow all of this for me." She looked around the building.

"Luckily I have a backup cake because you ruined that one." Jeremy glanced at the smushed cake on the floor beginning to pick some of it up throwing it back into the box.

    Faith dashed over in her wedges taking a snapshot of Angie and me smiling at one another. We shook our heads helping Jermey with the cake. The party lasted for a good while as people mingled and talked amongst themselves. I stood beside Faith putting some chips on my plate as she poured some spiked punch into her cup.

"So three more months, are you ready to tie the knot?" I asked.

"Yes I'm sure of it, but I do get a little nervous sometimes."

"It's normal"

"It's just that sometimes, I feel like my attraction towards her is a little too much and if I lose that or fuck it up my world is over with." She glared over a Monica with a gentle smile on her face.

"You really love her don't you?"

"More than anything."

"I completely understand." My eyes raked over Owen as he laughed whole heartily at something Andre had said.

"Owen's a great guy isn't he?" She asked following my eyes.