EP:43

Chapter 43

Ally's Perspective

"I can choose how I want to perceive every situation."-Unknown

•••••

     CLOTHES of all sorts and multiple hangers laid scattered throughout my bedroom with music blasting. I threw shoeboxes out of my way as I continued organizing my closet singing along to an old Brandy tune. A loud knock sounded on my bedroom door catching my attention, I peeped out the closet finding Tiana standing there with some sweats and a tank top on.

"Hey girl come in, you can turn down the music."

She walked inside lowered the volume on my phone before coming over to give me a hug.

"You're back earlier than I expected."

"Yeah, I know you wanted me to help you out besides Owen had an afternoon shift so he went ahead and dropped me off."

She bent down on her knees sitting in the small closet with me.

"Wow, you really do have a lot of stuff." She picked through the clothes.

"I told you a lot of this shit I don't even need."

"Mhm"

She started helping me move stuff around clearing out some space.

"I never said thank you for standing up for me the other day at the lake. I know that was hard with Cierra being a close friend of yours and all."

"Girl no problem what she did was low down. I kind of figured she had a thing for Owen, but I didn't think she'd take it that far and be so childish about it. I kind of thought she would have gotten over it naturally with you two being together and all."

"I know but you have history with her and all."

"Listen, Tia regardless of all that I'm on the side of right and what she did was wrong as hell. She's still my girl and all but sometimes you gotta put people in their place. Don't let anybody try to punk you in front of your man, ever." I chuckled.

"Yes, that is very true." She kept scratching the back of her neck.

    I wasn't a genius when it came to body language but I could tell Tiana was hiding something. She was barely paying attention to the conversation like her mind had been elsewhere for the past thirty minutes. She kept smiling and giggling about everything and there was a natural glow to her. Plus I could tell when she walked in the room there was a little bounce in her step.

"Tia, what's up?" I chuckled nudging her.

"Huh? What you mean?" She folded up one of my dresses putting it off to the side.

"I mean you actin different and lookin' different you seem more relaxed and happy," I said trying my hardest to read her.

"Nothings up I just feel good today."

she giggled again, suspicious.

I thought about it for a few seconds observing her as she grew quiet continuing to help fold my clothes. Then it hit me out of nowhere.