EP:47

Chapter 47

Tiana's Perspective

"What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?"-Unknown

•••••

    TIME had been moving like crazy. It seemed as if every day was passing by at an unthinkable speed. Savannah had become my new home and a place I never wanted to leave, but at the same time, I missed my sister and her kids. There was so much going on it was hard keeping track of it all. Owen and I were doing great learning more and more about one another each and every day. I was still trying to enroll in multiple institutions while working full time. Faith and Monica's wedding was only three months away so there was lots of planning and structuring of the sort to do. With so much going on I figured it was time to take that trip home to Oregon.

      Angie's birthday was in less than three days and she had finally decided it was cool for all of us to visit over there. I stood in my bedroom folding clothes placing them inside of my bag. Owen laid across my bed comfortably flipping through various channels on the television. I hit his leg to gather his attention.

"Owen please get up and help me our flight is in less than two hours and you see I'm not ready yet." I went over to my closet grabbing a pair of shoes.

"I told you not to wait until the last minute and start packin' anyway Tia that's yo fault." He ignored me throwing his hands behind his head.

"I know but please baby I don't want to be late." I begged.

He got up adjusting his shirt before beginning to help me pack.

"Thank you"

"Mhm," I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Ally walked into the room with a purse around her shoulder talking at a fast pace on the phone.

"Are yall almost ready?"

"Yeah, why?" I replied zipping up my bag.

"Because I'm about to slap this bitch through the phone if she don't quit yellin' at me." She said as Faith's voice blared throughout the cellular device.

    With the wedding being a few months away Faith was driving everyone insane. Her patience and temper had shortened and everyone desired for the wedding to be over with. We were all getting ready to head to the airport early this morning. I was nervous, not only was I going to be seeing my sister for the first time in five months, but I was also introducing her to my boyfriend and new friends. It was a lot of pressure to handle all at once.

"Aight that's everything I'm gonna go put our stuff up in the truck."

"Alright"

Owen exited the room with our bags heading outside. I threw a few more personal items in my purse on the bed.

"What is she upset about now?" I asked Ally referring to Faith.

"Something about us being slow and needing to hurry up, but we still got a lot of time she's just doing the most."

"Oh well, who's all coming again?" I asked.