EP:20

Chapter 20

Tiana's Perspective

"Don't be afraid to feel."-Unknown

•••••

     I didn't believe in luck it was abstract and metaphorical. I was not lucky, I was simply blessed. In just one month my life had changed for the better. I guess it's true what they say, you're always one decision away from a totally different life. If so much could change in just about four weeks imagine what can change in an entire year. I couldn't predict what was next to come, but the journey ahead fascinated me. I had faced so much adversity living at the shelter that when Ally told me she needed a roommate to help her pay a few bills I quickly jumped at the opportunity. Only paying her around two hundred dollars a month for utilities, it was the best decision I had made so far. No more sleeping with one eye opened at night, no more five-minute showers, and no more watching my own back everywhere I went.

There was just peace.

     It's strange, for a long time I got comfortable being alone and looking out for myself. Now that I'm around people most of the time I'm starting to finally open up.

     Ally and I were currently at a plaza in some fancy store searching for something I could wear out tonight with Owen. Most of this stuff really wasn't my taste, it was too sensual, but I wanted to dress up at least for him. I searched through a rack of dresses as Ally came up to me with a leather bodysuit and mini skirt.

Woah I was definitely not wearing that.

"Tia you gotta try this on girl." She ushered towards the dressing room as I started to grow self-conscious.

"Girl I can't wear anything like that."

"Why not? You better flaunt it while you still got it. You ain't gon have that small tight frame forever."

I laughed, "I guess I could at least try it on."

    She handed me the outfit as we walked over to the dressing rooms. A sales associate unlocked the door for me. I walked inside closing it stripping from my regular clothes. The outfit felt extremely tight and although it was cute it was a little too revealing. I stepped outside the dressing room making Ally gasp.

"Okay, sis I see you got some booty in that skirt."

I laughed at her antics shaking my head.

"Don't you think it's a little too...revealing?"

"What? Girl no it's sexy and it fits you just right. Tia you've gotta become more comfortable with your sexuality."

"Owen is gonna wanna eat you up in that girl."

     Her comment left me speechless as I looked towards the dressing room floor. Ally looked at me curiously before smiling.

"Tia, are you a virgin?"

The question caught me off guard. I hesitated before answering, "well yeah but it's not something that I broadcast."

"I had a feelin' but I didn't know for sure."

"Do you think it'll scare him off?" I whispered referring to Owen.