EP:27

Chapter 27

Tiana's Perspective

"Behind every mask, there is a face and behind that is a story."-Marty Rubin

•••••

       COOL air from his air conditioner hit the bottom of my exposed toes. I moved around in the soft covers feeling as if I fell asleep on a soft cloud. I hadn't slept this good in ages. The idea of laying next to man installed comfort into me and a feeling of security I had never felt before. I could tell it was a good night's rest because I opened my eyes to ten missed calls from Ally at four in the afternoon. I read over the text messages of her checking up on me. I texted her back in an urgency letting her know that I was fine.

Across the hall I heard the distant sound of the shower running as I turned over in the covers getting out of the bed. I opened the bedroom door heading into the living room to get my things together. I needed to head home and freshen up. After getting my clothes together I went into the kitchen to fix me a bowl of cereal then sat at the kitchen island waiting on Owen to finish up in the bathroom so I could tell him I was leaving.

The shower water stopped when I was midway through my bowl of fruity pebbles. He appeared from the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his milk chocolate body dripping of water droplets. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him as he spotted me in the kitchen eating.

He walked in baring only a towel around his well developed physique.

"Glad to see you finally woke up sleepy head."

"Yeah," I continued to munch on my cereal trying my hardest not to pay attention to his lower half.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, best sleep I've had in a while."

"Good"

"I have to go though."

A look of disappointment flashed his handsome face before the usual charming smirk returned.

"Oh yeah, I understand."

"I had lots of fun though you really made my day yesterday."

"Anytime baby," he smiled at me holding my gaze for a few moments.

"Um, I'll wash your clothes and bring them back,"

"You good just drop em off when you get the chance."

    We stood in silence again watching each other. I finished my bowl of cereal washing it out at the sink before sticking it in the dishwasher then grabbed my phone off of the kitchen counter.

"Let me throw on some clothes so I can take you on home." He said slightly jogging back to his room holding onto the towel.

Lord what would I have done if it had dropped?

I stood by the front door with the bagged snacks he had bought me last night from Walmart and my clothes and shoes in the other hand. After a good ten minutes, he came out of his room in a white t-shirt, some grey sweatpants and slides holding his car keys and phone. He opened the door allowing me to walk out first.