EP:50

Chapter 50

Tiana's Perspective

"Don't rush the process. Good things take time."-Unknown

•••••

LAVENDER flowers covered almost half of the space as white dresses and vails took over my eyesight. I could barely keep up with what was going on. Various girls rushed around the room with makeup brushes and hair dryers as Ally helped me pin my hair up. Today was finally the day of Faith and Monica's wedding. I wasn't a bridesmaid at first, but Faith insisted on saving me a place in her wedding. It was an exciting time but very frustrating. I had hardly eaten and I hadn't seen Owen all day because he was too busy getting ready helping to prepare stuff for the reception. The room was overly crowded and all I could smell was the fragrance of hairspray and vanilla perfume.

"I'm so excited I can't believe my girl is getting married!" Kacey bounced up and down in her seat as a woman tended to helping her with her makeup.

"All I know is this reception bout to be lit we gettin' my good sis drunk and horny as fuck on her wedding night." Ally continued helping me with my hair chuckling.

"Hey yall!" Sixty appeared in the dressing room with one heel on rushing inside. Her hair was nowhere near done.

"Sixty where the hell have you been girl the service starts in nearly thirty minutes," Kacey said.

"I know damn calm down I had to turn in an essay this morning."

"Then why is there a McDonald's bag in your hand?"

"Because I got hungry damn I'm not about to be starving like the rest of you hangry bitches."

"Whatever let's just hurry up because I don't want to hear Faith's mouth her emotions have been all over the place this morning." Kacey stood up from her seat wrapping her curling iron cord back up placing it inside of her purse.

Once everyone was done getting dressed we lined up inside the main building for the wedding. Faith's brother was paying for the function since her parents still weren't all the way on board with the wedding. We took turns walking in quietly as soft bridal music played throughout the background. When it was my time to walk out after Ally with a small bouquet in my hands the people seated out front were turned around watching us with owl eyes. I tucked in my lips continuing to gradually walk down the aisle trying not to slip and fall in my heels. My position up front was right next to Cierra we hadn't talked since the lake incident and I had no reason to converse with her anyway.

After Faith walked down the aisle shocking everyone with her gorgeous gown the ceremony began. While the pastor was talking Cierra whispered over to me.

"Tiana"

I sighed heavily before responding, "yes?"

"I just wanted to apologize for everything that had happened between us."

I didn't need or want her apology if anything she should have been apologizing to herself.

"You have nothing to apologize for Cierra."

Her face twisted up into confusion as I continued.