EP:19

Chapter 19

Owen's Perspective

"Stay close to the people that make you feel like sunshine."-Unknown

•••••

       HEAVY bags weighed down on my shoulders with force. I was tired and my mind had been racing all afternoon, there were so many stores, clothes, and people. I swore to never do this again, and this would be the last time they'd get me. My momma and Sixty had blackmailed me into shopping with them for about an hour, which turned into three from so many sales going on at the mall. They were the ones doing all the shopping and leaving me behind as I carried their products. Filled bags of Victoria Secret, Aeropostale, Bath and Body Works and Rue 21 items took a strain on my arms. Soon this would be over with and I could go home and rest.

    Fear consumed my eyes when Sixty yelled out of nowhere startling me. Her bags almost fell from my damn hand.

"Girl what the hell is wrong with you?!" My momma slapped Sixty on the arm placing a hand on her chest.

"Momma Sephora still got makeup on sale."

"I don't wear that stuff Sixty."

"So momma I do let's go." Sixty latched onto her arm practically running inside of the store with a smile plastered to her face.

"Aye, I'm not no goddamn bag boy!"

     Irritation got the best of me as I mumbled upset words up under my breath following after them into the store. Teenage and young adult girls were scattered all over the place. A few girls bumped into me unintentionally as I walked over to a makeup stand.

"Yes, I need a new bottle of foundation, lipstick, which mink lashes should I get?" Sixty scanned the products taking forever and a day.

"Hurry your ass up and pick something I'm getting hungry." Momma put her hand on her hip sighing.

"Fine, but it's not in my price range." Sixty picked up some type of eyelashes labeled magnetic toying around with them. I caught a glimpse of her pouting at me out the corner of my eye as I tampered with my phone.

     I was in the midst of my own thoughts texting Tia, we had been sending messages to one another all day. For some reason, my mind couldn't stay off of her and I was most definitely feelin' her vibe. She was cool as hell and funny I could kick it with her. We were making light humerus conversation, but I was gonna call her later to see when she'd let me take her out on a date. She was the type of woman you had to take things slow with and ease into shit, which I could deal with.

I'm a man of patience.

"Owen!"

Sixty almost made me drop my phone from yelling again.

"What girl?"

"Can you buy this for me?" Her tone shifted resembling a small child as she continued to twirl around the fake eyelashes in her hand.

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because I'm tired and ready to go. I been holdin' bags all day feelin' like a slave and I'm suppose to pay for shit too? You got me fucked up."