EP:31

Chapter 31

Angie's Perspective

"I'm not mad at myself for giving my love to the wrong people. They probably needed it the most."-Faraway

FLASHBACK: October 8th, 2017

•••••

        I gripped the stirring wheel with force driving at an unthinkable speed. Anger consumed my temple as I pressed harder on the gas pedal. I zoomed passed various cars heading towards my destination. I was on the verge of losing all patience with Tiana. Of course, the loss of our mother was a huge blow to both of us,  but it had been three years now it was time for Tiana to move on with her life towards the right path. Life went on no matter what situations occurred and she needed to understand that. I understood that she went through a serious case of depression and newly developed anxiety, but dropping out of school was not the answer.

I increased my speed pressing the gas a little harder inching closer to Howard University's campus. When I arrived at the back of Tiana's specific dormitory students were minding their business walking back and forth around the campus as she stood at a distance with her suitcase and a couple of bags in a cart. Mixed emotions washed over her face as she grabbed her stuff heading down the concrete ramp pushing the cart.

     I leaned up against my car crossing my arms giving her a look of disappointment. She ignored my gaze walking over to the car. She stood in front of me with an expression of boredom laced onto her face saying no words.

"Are you going to open the trunk?" She gestured towards the back of the car.

I said nothing shaking my head, "I am so sick of your bullshit."

"Angie just open the trunk."

"Not until you tell me what the hell is going on, and why you are withdrawing from school."

"I don't want to talk about it." She headed for the car door trying to pop the trunk leaving the cart in the process.

I blocked her path, "you know it's the same shit with you over and over again, you have got to move on!"

"I said I don't want to talk about it so move the hell out of my way!"

We were having a screaming match in the middle of a regular class day, a couple of students stopped to watch what was taking place.

"I'm not moving shit until you start talking."

     Without paying attention I had realized Tiana had pushed me up against the car door making me bump my shoulder and elbow on the window. Acting off of impulse I pushed her back harshly. In a matter of minutes, we were pushing each other back and forth screaming. Some students took out their devices recording the childish incident taking place.

"Damn they fightin' like two white girls." A dude across the campus yelled holding up his phone.

     I pushed Tiana one last time with all of my force, she fell to the ground trying to catch herself as an orange bottle of pills fell from her burgundy jacket. The cap popped off as I gasped viewing the random bottle of pills. She quickly reached over and grabbed the container off of the ground stuffing the bottle inside of her pocket leaving the few scattered pills all over the ground. Within an instant, she awkwardly stood up holding her head down. A bunch of negative scenarios played throughout my head. Yes, she was going through a lot trying to balance school and such, but Tiana was a smart girl there was no way she would try and drug herself.