EP:28

Chapter 28

Tiana's Perspective

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."-Unknown

•••••

"I don't feel cute," I said staring into the mirror as Owen tied up his white forces sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Well, you are so let's go." He got up off the bed walking over to his closet after planting a quick slap to the palm of my ass.

"Ouch"

He chuckled leaving out of the room.

    Tonight Owen was taking me to this bar that hosted an open mic every Friday night, tonight's theme was poetry. Since he and I both loved to read and found poetry relaxing we figured it was another thing we could connect on. The only problem was that my period had decided to show up on the day of, which was upsetting me because I really wanted to dress up and look extra cute for him without any disruptions, such as cramps or dumb cravings and mood swings. I slipped an earring into my ear before finger-combing my hair. I had cut my hair into a bob since summertime was near and I didn't need long hair down my neck and back irritating me.

Owen came back into the room brushing his chin hairs as I adjusted my pumps.

"Do you like my hair?"

As much as I hated to admit it his opinion mattered to me, a lot recently.

"Baby I already told you how good you look." He stepped closer to me putting one hand on my waist kissing me on the cheek.

"You're just saying that because you're ready to go."

"Part of that could be true but we gon be late if you don't hurry up."

I rolled my eyes grabbing my purse off of his bed strutting out of the room in my heels.

     We had been spending quite a lot of time together. Most of the time after work I'd drive over to his place or ride to his apartment with him if we worked the same shift. It allowed for our bond to continue to grow mentally, plus there were so many things I was learning about him as a man. His likes, dislikes, pet peeves. Ally was sad that I rarely spent as much time with her anymore, but she outgrew that phase hanging out with Kenny much more than often. Nobody knew about their little fling except for me, it was kind of funny.

"You got my phone?" Owen asked as we walked outside to his truck.

"Yea," I reached inside my purse handing it to him.

We got inside the truck heading to the downtown bar. When we arrived the place was packed, which was pretty usual for a Friday night.

Owen and I sat at the bar as the poetry session had already started.

"What you want to drink Tia?"

I couldn't take my eyes off of the person reciting poetry before us. He was so engaging and focused on his emotions along with the story he was telling.

"Damn you gon stare at that nigga all night or what?" Owen fanned a menu in my face.

I turned around looking at him smiling rolling my eyes.