Chapter 59

Raw after Wrestlemania continued
Dean and I left the locker room, during a commercial break, and I was on his back as he ran down the halls.
"Woah Dean! I'm gonna fall over!" I squealed.
"Never!" He said grabbing onto my thighs tighter and picking up the pace, until we ran right into someone.
"Ambrose,"
"Orton."
"Hey Ella," the viper said with a smirk on his face.
"Hey Randy," I responded with a straight face.
"Congratulations on your win yesterday."
"Why thank you," I said. He was being nice, so I'd be nice back. You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
"You know, I'm sad we pressed pause on our storyline. I feel like it really could've gone places."
"I thought you were the one who called it off," I told him honestly.
That's what I had heard.
"That's interesting. Because I was told-" but Dean cut him off saying, "it was called off because you're a threat to her safety."
"That's interesting. Because Steph told me she called if off because our little storyline was hurting your relationship."
"That doesn't make any sense. What gave her that idea?" I asked.
"Why don't you ask your boyfriend?" Randy asked, "I'll talk to you later Ella."
Then he walked away.
"Dean what is he talking about? Why would he say that?" I asked.
"He's lying."
"Is he?" I asked.
"Yes," Dean began, "I mean. I talked to your mom about the storyline but I never said anything about our relationship."
"What do you mean you 'talked to my mom about the storyline'?" I asked him with a dumbfounded look on my face.
"After the incident- after he pushed me into you. I'd had enough. I couldn't take watching the two of you together. Bad things kept happening to you." Dean said, "but it wasn't for me."
"No Dean. You just said 'you couldn't take' watching us together. So yeah I think it was for you."
"I was worried for your safety."
"Dean. You of all people know I can take care of myself. How dare you go behind my back like this. You knew I wanted to do this storyline," I said.
"I'm sorry Ella. I didn't- I wasn't thinking."
"Yeah clearly you weren't thinking. This storyline was doing such big things for my career!" I said still in shock.
"You won the title without the storyline," Dean said, "you never needed it at all."
"I never said I needed it Dean, but it should've been my decision to make. I thought you trusted me."
"I do trust you. I just don't trust him," he said which caused me to shake my head.
"No you can't say that. You were thinking about yourself Dean. I never thought you could be this selfish," I told him.
"I'm sorry Ella."
"You know what? I just need some time alone to think," I told him, walking away.
Dean has such a good heart and I know how much he loves and cares about me but this is my passion. Wrestling is my everything. Growing up with my wrestling family, I've worked hard to make a name for myself without being controlled by my family, which they have tried to do pretty much every step of the way. That's why I didn't want to do the storyline in the first place, but when I finally embraced it, I realized how much the storyline was doing for my career. Getting to accompany Randy to his matches, getting to work directly with the male wrestlers, getting much more tv time and potentially more promos, better matches. It was worth dealing with Randy. I never had any romantic feelings for Randy. And when it comes to protecting myself, I can do it. I'm sick and tired of other people making big decisions for me.
I need to go speak to Aj. Even though things have been kind of awkward lately, throughout my whole short WWE career, she has been a pretty reliable friend.
So I walked to her locker room and knocked on the door.
She answered it pretty quickly and pulled me in for a hug.
"Ella. I missed you. What's up?" She asked.
"Oh my gosh. So much has happened Aj. We really need to talk."
"Yes we do," she said wiggling her eyebrows, as she shut the door.