Chapter 9

"Is she going to be okay?" I heard a voice ask.
"How is she doing?" I heard another voice ask.
I felt as if my eyes were glued shut.
"She'll be fine. Let's just wait until she wakes up." An unfamiliar voice said.
Eventually, I opened my eyes a little bit and was greeted by four faces looking down on me.
One was my mom, one was the doctor, one was Dolph and the other was Chris Jericho. Ew. Why is he here?
"Sweetie are you okay?" My mom asked frantically as she pulled me into a tight hug. Yes I was still mad at her and I wanted to push her away, but my body was in too much pain for any physical movement.
"I'm fine mom," I told her, not wanting to prolong the conversation
"Any pain in your neck or head?" the doctor asked, causing me to nod, "What hurts more?"
"My neck." 
He took down some notes and started talking to my mom.
"Thank you for coming." I said to Dolph.
He leaned down and kissed my forehead, "I'm glad you're okay. You took quite the beating from Summer." 
"Shut up," I told him, "Summer just knows that she can't beat me face to face, so she has to attack me from behind."
Dolph laughed at me and raised his eyebrows, "You're not wrong."
"You're fine. I'd say, take about a week off. Get some rest. You can work out, but don't train your body too hard, or do anything that can possibly strain your neck." the doctor said.
"Alright," I mumbled, "how many weeks until the Royal Rumble again?" I asked.
"Three," Chris said. I didn't ask you but thanks.
That's more than enough time.
The doctor pat me on the shoulder before telling me I was good to go.
Dolph and I left the room together and headed for catering
"Thanks Ziggy! I owe you one." 
All eyes turned towards us.
I walked towards my usual table with the Bella's and this time I had Dolph with me.
"Are you ok?"
"How's your neck?"

The twins asked.
"I'm okay," I responded, "but I do want to call out Summer."

I decided it would be best to do a backstage segment. This should be fun. I walked to the nearest cameraman, asked him for his assistance, and sat on a nearby crate.
"Hello WWE universe" I said in a cheerful tone, "I'm wanted to address what happened earlier tonight, without having to give Summer any more screentime."
I could hear the crowd laugh which was a good sign.
"Well, I won my match," I started which made everyone cheer, "But shortly after I got attacked by one Summer Rae."
The crowd booed in the distance, making me smile.
"So, I wanted to publically call her out without providing her with another opportunity to leech off of my talent."
"I don't know what possessed her to act so stupidly, making an enemy out of me- the woman who has decimated every person she has ever competed against in the indies and in NXT and the woman who will continue to do so, now that she's in the big leagues," I growled, causing the crowd to cheer.
I took a second to pause, for dramatic effect, but my silence was interrupted by none other than Summer herself.

"I was waiting for Botchy Barbie to show up," I said, addressing the crowd instead of Summer who was standing right next to me.
"Your win was a fluke. You're just a rookie who doesn't know how to take a beating." Summer said pleased with her "comeback."
"Yeah, I'm a rookie who's done more in my five minutes in WWE than you have in your entire lengthy lackluster career-if I can even call it that," I retorted, gaining a reaction from the crowd.
"That's only because you have your mommy and daddy around to get you matches," Summer said angrily, "You're still a fluke!"
"So my win in the Battle Royale was a fluke as well?" I asked her with a smile on my face.
She rolled her eyes.
"That's what I thought." I growled.
"You're a phony. You like to think that you worked so hard to get to where you are, but you were born into this company. You don't deserve this" She said.

"You know Summer, that's almost a fair point. However, I paid my dues wrestling for numerous non-WWE affiliated companies, where they didn't give a damn what my last name was, building a name for myself- building the stellar reputation I have in the wrestling world today. Sure I was born with a leg-up because of my family. There's no denying that. But it doesn't matter how I got to where I am today. It matters what I do in the time that I work for the WWE. And I'm going to prove that I am the best diva on this roster like I have on every roster I've ever been apart of."

She rolled her eyes at me saying, "Whatever Ella. All I'm hearing is denial. You're not any sort of success story!" 
"And you are?" I asked her with a look of disbelief on my face, "You're a coward and you know you can't beat me, face to face, so you have to try and do it from behind." I said.
Summer weakly slapped me, causing me to chuckle.
"See that's the difference between me and you. I have something called class. I'd prefer to face you in the ring over slapping you... Like a real woman." I told her with confidence.

Before I could walk away, the Shield walked up behind her, with Dean in the middle.

I rolled my eyes and Summer just had a smirk on her face.
Dean stepped forward and Summer kissed his cheek.
"That's my cue to leave," I said, looking calm and cool on the outside.
"Jealous?" Summer asked.
"Have you seen me? What could I possibly be jealous of?" I asked her confidently, causing the boys surrounding her to smirk. They all knew it was true and she sensed this, so she tried to slap me again but I dodged it causing her to fall over.
"Oops." I said, turning around and walking away, soon being greeted by my petite friend Aj.
"How's your neck?" she asked.
"Good." I replied.
"I liked the promo," she smiled at me.
"Thanks," I laughed, feeling rather proud of myself.
"You really stuck it to them," she said which made me laugh.
We walked back to catering and everyone was telling me how well I did.
But poor Summer and Dean, I was only getting started.