Chapter 67

"That was crazy!" Roman exclaimed.

"Yeah Ella, out of nowhere you just kicked him in the face! What the hell? It was amazing!" Seth said squeezing me in a super tight hug.

"What made you do it?" Dean asked.

"I just felt like it, I guess."

"Fair," Dean shrugged.

"What does this mean for you and your dad?" He asked me.
I shrugged my shoulders.
"Yeah Ella. Although I'm all for you being on our side, are you sure it was a smart move?" Seth added in.
"Well I mean, there's no going back now," I said, "but what's the worst that can happen? I don't agree with what my parents have been doing but we're still family. That won't change."
"True," Roman said ruffling my hair.

"Well, this one and I have a date, so we will see you guys tomorrow," Dean said.

"Bye guys," I smiled.

"Bye Ella," Roman said, while Seth punched me on the shoulder.

"Ow," I joked, causing them to laugh before they walked away.

"Come on El," Dean said wrapping his arm around my shoulder, as we approached his car.

"I can't believe I did that," I told him honestly as he held the car door open for me, "My family has been blowing up my phone."

"You should answer them," He said, starting up the car.

"I don't want to."

"No, I think you should." He responded.

"Dean, I don't want to talk to them."

"I'm sure you don't, but you still should."

"Fine," I groaned, opening my phone. Dean was just about the most stubborn person I knew and I did not feel like getting in an argument with him.

I decided to call my mom first, and she picked up almost immediately.

"Ella!" she yelled into the phone.

"Hello to you too, mom," I said with a smile on my face, as Dean put his hand that wasn't on the steering wheel on my thigh.

"What is wrong with you? We're your family!"

"Yeah but we're all wrestlers! And I was pissed off so I kicked dad. How is that any different from you guys targeting Daniel Bryan or putting the shield in handicap matches?" I asked.

"Sweetie we have to stick together. I want you on our side," she said softly.

"And I told you I didn't want to be on anyone's side, but you tried controlling me again," I told her, "They almost cost me two matches!"

"They were trying to help you."

"Can't you see that I want to do this by myself! People already think I'm only in this industry because of you guys," I said, getting very frustrated.

"Nobody thinks that," she said, clearly not knowing what Kaitlyn said to me during our match.

"No mom. Everyone does," I told her being a little dramatic, "Look I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

Then I hung up the phone. Dean gave me a wary look as I told him rather aggressively, "There. I talked to her."

"And your dad?" he asked.

"I'll deal with him later."

"Are you sure?" Dean asked.

"Yeah," I said grabbing his hand and kissing it, "I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Ok. Whatever you say," Dean laughed as we pulled into the restaurant, sensing how uncomfortable the whole situation made me. I was glad he didn't press me any harder.

He parked the car and we got out, walking in the fancy restaurant.

"After you," Dean winked at me as I led the way.

"Hi we have a reservation for two," I told the hostess, "under the name Ambrose."

"Right this way," she said with a smile on her face.

Our table was off in the corner by a large window.

"Thank you," Dean told her quietly, while he nodded his head.

"I'm so glad we're doing this," I told him, as we got settled in our seats.

"Me too. It feels like we haven't really gotten much alone time, lately."

"I know. We've both been so busy."

"Yeah ever since Wrestlemania, things have just been super hectic."

"Tell me about it," I responded, as a waiter made his way to our table asking us what we want to drink. We both just asked for water.

"Bean, talk to me. How've you been?"

"I've been amazing. Inside the ring, the guys and I have so much momentum. And outside the ring, things have been great as well, thanks to you." he responded, causing me to smile.

"You're sweet," I told him.

"Just being honest," he shrugged.

"How about you El?" Dean inquired as he grabbed my hand under the table, causing my cheeks to heat up.

Honestly, I was on cloud 9. Everything had been going so well. "I can't complain" I smiled.

Suddenly I felt my phone buzz. Knowing it was probably just my dad, I ignored it.

But then my phone continued on with the pesky vibrations, which led to me finally picking it up to check it out. My eyes widened when I saw the cause for all the annoying buzzing.

"What is it?" Dean asked as I looked out the large window.

I showed him what I was just looking at, causing his eyebrows to raise. It was a picture of us, at this very restaurant, on twitter with the caption being: Wrestlers Dean Ambrose and Ella Helmsley spotted on a steamy date at a fancy restaurant

"Steamy?" He asked through now furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call this a steamy date," I chuckled.

"I mean, we can make it steamy," he said with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Maybe after I get my steak," I teased, as the waiter approached the table again with our water.

"Thank you," I sang as he filled up our glasses.

"Are you all ready to order?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm all ready," I said as Dean nodded his head in agreement.

We ordered the same thing: steak, well done.

"I can't believe someone just took a picture of us like that," Dean said, displaying annoyance at the violation of our privacy.

"It was bound to happen sooner or later," I shrugged.

"Why do you say that?" he asked.

"We're just always together. I'm surprised this is the first time anyone's caught us on camera," I responded while swishing my water around in the glass.

"At least we look good," he grinned.

"Oh Dean. We always look good," I smirked back at him, squeezing his hand underneath the table.