Chapter 8

I entered the arena, this time without a confident, sure of myself smirk on my face. Yesterday's interactions with both my parents and Dean left me feeling sick to my stomach.

On my way to the divas' locker room, I ran into a crew member I knew named Tracy. Viewing this as a sign, I asked her if she knew where the Shield's locker room was. She kindly directed me towards it and I unsurely knocked on the door.

Instantly regretting the forward decision, I began to walk away, but the door was quickly opened by none other than Seth Rollins who was sporting a very puzzled look on his face.

"Did you mean to knock on our door?" he chuckled, before noticing how serious I looked, which caused him to uncomfortably clear his throat.

"I'm here for Dean." I told him.

"He's busy," Seth stated.

"I need to apologize to him," 

"And?" Seth pressed.

"Just tell him I was here," I remarked, getting quite annoyed with the two-toned man in front of me.

"Ella's here!" He yelled before I could walk away.

I heard immediate shuffling and was greeted by Dean who had the remains of some light pink lipstick on his lips and chin.

"I just wanted to apologize for the way I acted yesterday." I said, only for the door to be shut in my face.

I heard some cursing on the otherside of the door, and then Seth opened it.

"Sorry about him." Seth said.

"It's ok." I responded quietly, even though I was kind of embarrassed, and my now red-tinted cheeks did not aid in masking that.

"Can we talk?" Seth asked surprisingly.

I shook my head yes.

"Look I don't know exactly what went down between you and Dean, but he's a prideful guy who somehow got embarrassed, so he's pretty upset right now," Seth told me.

"Oh." 

I guess I didn't realize how embarrassing it must've been for me to kick him out of my room after we kissed.

"Yeah." He said.

"Seth. I swear I saw a different side of Dean yesterday," I told him.

"I'm not surprised. He's actually a great guy. He just doesn't let a lot of people see that side of him."

"Yeah, obviously you know him way better than I do, but still- I think he's a better person than he lets off."

Seth rubbed his beard and said, "Yeah you're right. If you can get Dean to open up to you, you really won't regret it. He's a great friend and just a great person to have in your life."

"I'm sure he is... when he's not slamming doors in your face," I joked, causing him to smile.

"Exactly."

"Well, I um have to go. It was nice talking to you, unfortunately under these circumstances." I said trying to lighten up the mood.

He gave me a sympathetic smile and pat me on the shoulder as he said goodbye.

Now I feel really bad. I don't want Dean to hate me. I'm not even sure why I care what he thinks. I shouldn't. But I can't stop thinking about what Seth said. Maybe I've been wrong to judge Dean based off of what other people say. I tried my best to shake off my thoughts about Dean, taking out my phone to check and see if I had a match. Turns out I have a match against Summer.

Wow, that's gonna be a tough one. I make myself laugh.

I continued walking towards the locker room, but I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I gasped.

"It's ok." A male voice said.

I looked up at the man in front of me and my eyes widened when I realized who it was.

"Ella?" He asked.

"What are you doing here?" I slowly began backing up.

"I'm briefly returning for the Royal rumble." He said proudly.

"Okay," I told him, "I'm gonna go."

"Ella we need to talk." He said sternly.

"I'd really rather not.:

"Look, Ella." He started but I cut him off.

"Don't think for a second that just because you played a role in my existence, that I see you as anything more than what you are: a sperm donor. My real dad is Hunter," I snapped.

"Ella I'm sorry." 

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that your need for some paternity test derailed my family's entire life!" I whisper yelled, not wanting anybody to learn of this secret.

"Ella-"

"Save it! We're done here! I don't want to talk to you." I told him.

That was harsh.

But it felt good. It felt good to finally take my anger out.

I continued the route to my dressing room, this time, luckily uninterrupted and changed into my ring gear.

*Knock knock

"Come in!" I yelled.

"Ella you're on in fifteen." A stage person said.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed as I rushed to the nearest makeup chair.

As Juliana went to work, putting mascara and light lipstick on me, I braided my long hair into one french braid down my back. To this day, I don't understand how people with long hair wrestle with it down. That is one skill I've yet to master.

Once she finished, I ran to the gorilla position and waited there.

"Good luck," I said to Summer as she walked by. I didn't know her well, but I've seen her around and we have a few mutual friends.

She danced down the ramp and posed at the ring.

Then my music played. The crowd was on their feet screaming. I know they loved seeing fresh faces, but it felt good to have them on my side. The referee rang the bell and Summer and I locked up. Overpowering her rather quickly, I pushed her into the ropes, then I delivered a spinning heel kick and two suplexes. 

I was pissed and didn't want to let her get any offense in. When she stood up I ran to clothesline her, but she ducked it and kicked me in the stomach, causing me to lean over. 

Instead of capitalizing, she foolishly did her dancing gloat, twirling and jumping.
I backed up, waited for her to finish, then I hit a Lou thez press hurling punches at her left and right. The referee kept telling me to back up, but I didn't listen.

I grabbed her by the hair and pulled her to her feet.

"Off the hair," the referee warned.

Ignoring him, I hit an uppercut, then my finisher, "This Kiss Goodbye," a reverse STO.

I covered her and won the match. The ref held my hand up before I heard the familiar

Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta. Shield.

I stood in the corner of the ring staring at the top of the stairs waiting for them to come down, but no one did. Summer had already rolled out of the ring at that point, so I did the same and began waving to some fans.

I began making my way up the ramp before my name was called, causing me to instinctively turn around. This resulted in me running straight into a chair to the face by one Summer Rae. She hit me in the head a couple of times with the chair, then threw me into the barricade. She pulled me by the hair and threw me into the steel steps. My head bounced off of the stairs. She left me laying on the floor of the arena before her music played, causing me to groan.