Chapter 7

"What? How!" I yelled into the phone.
"That was my reaction exactly."
"That jackass is not my dad, nor will he ever be my dad." I said angrily.
He laughed at my reaction.
"Do you think anything will change between us?" 
"Not really," he said, "but your mom wants you to meet him. Well properly at least."
"I'll just say no. Dad, just know that I'm gonna be on your side no matter what." I replied.
"Sweetie, that means a lot, but don't shut your mom out of your life. You'll regret it." He told me.
"You still love her, don't you?" 
"Never stopped," he said, "and I don't want what we had to end, but she lied to me for all of these years. I just need a break."
"I get it." I told him, "well goodnight dad. I love you."
"Love you too sweetie. Get some rest." 

After waiting one more second, I hung up the phone.
"Who is it?" Dean asked.
"Chris Jericho." 
"Him?" Dean asked surprised.
"Yeah. I hate the guy and I refuse to believe that he's my dad." I told him.
"You don't hate him. You're just angry." Dean said.
"I do hate him, Dean. You clearly don't know him. He didn't fuck up your life" I said angrily.
"You're right. I don't know him, but don't say you hate him." 
"Fine. I don't hate him, but I despise him," I said, "Better?" which caused him to shake his head and laugh at me.

He took a seat on the bed, next to me before saying, "You're one of a kind."

"I told you that you couldn't handle me," I teased, which caused him to raise his eyebrows. 

"I still don't know about all that, but I'd be willing to test that theory out," causing me to smack him on the shoulder.

"You just can't stop hitting me tonight, can you?"

"You're just so," I started, looking at him and getting lost in his surprisingly innocent-looking eyes for just a second before adding, "punchable."

He smirked at me before adding, "I didn't think I'd be taking this much abuse on our date."

"Oh, our date huh? Is that was this is?" I asked with a cheeky grin on my face. We locked eyes once again; however, this time his eyes sparkled with a daring twinge of encouragement.

Something about this look in his eyes excited me, causing me to do something I never would've expected to do in his presence. I began to lean in. I had no control over my body that was being driven by pure attraction. Before I knew it, our lips were touching. My heart sped up as his hand affectionately caressed my cheek before returning to his dare-devilish ways, introducing his experienced tongue to my own.

Being caught off guard I immediately pushed him away once I realized what happened.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"We just kissed!"

"Technically you kissed me."

"I don't know why," I muttered.

"I do," he spoke looking me in the eyes once again, much to my dismay, "you felt it too." 

"I was caught in the moment," I retaliated.
"Well whatever your excuse is, are you telling me you didn't enjoy it?" He asked clearly amused.
I was at a loss for words- something that rarely happens, which contributed to my embarrassment, and the fact that he stood there with a cocky amused grin on his face didn't help. Something about that look made me act irrationally.
"That was probably your plan all along! Right? Sweep right in a play the hero. But everyone knows you only want one thing. And here I was thinking you were actually a decent person." I scoffed.
"Ella you need to calm down." He told me, "You kissed me."

My pride got the best of me and I couldn't control what came out of my mouth next.
"And what do you know about calming down!" I yelled at him.
He looked at me with anger in his eyes.
"Get the hell out of my room!" 

I immediately began regretting my sudden outburst, when I saw his shift in demeanor and the hurt look on his face. But I had gone too far to look back now, and he knew it too.
He shook his head slowly and left the room. 

I got back under the covers of my bed, tightly wrapping myself up in the blankets, sad and regretful, knowing how much sleep I would need to make up for quite possibly the worst day of my life, thus far.