Chapter 21

"9:00" I said to myself. I have thirty more minutes to get ready.
Because it's just a date with Dean, I'm assuming it's not going to be anything fancy.
So, I put on some high waisted jeans and a bralette top and some heels that don't actually hurt to walk in. For my hair, I left it down and wild, parted to the side. I put on some tiny hoop earrings and right now I'm doing my makeup.
After putting on mascara, some lip gloss, and eyeliner it was 9:15.
15 minutes to spare.
I headed to catering and saw Brie and Nikki.
"Ella! You look amazing!" Brie exclaimed.
"Damn girl!" Nikki said.
"Thanks Breezy and Koko." I joked.
"So who are you dressing up for?" Brie asked.
"Dean." I told them.
"Aw!" Nikki exclaimed.
"I honestly thought it was for Randy." Brie said.
"Yeah even though I'm pro AmbrElla, you and Randy looked really cozy out there." Nikki said.
"Yeah. Speaking of Randy, my mom wants us to have a storyline together." I said as I rolled my eyes.
"A romantic one?" Brie asked shocked.
"They still do that" Nikki added. 

"Yeah Brie. And that's what I said Nikki! It's ridiculous." I responded. 

"How do you think Dean's going to respond?" Brie asked. 
"I'm not sure, but I think I can handle him," I said to them. 

"That's my girl! Tame the beast," Nikki playfully responded.
We continued talking until I checked my phone and told them I had to go.
I walked to the locker room and got there at 9:31.
"Wow." Dean said.
I blushed at his compliment.
"You look so amazing that I'm going to ignore the fact that you're late." He said.
"By one minute." I replied.
"Late is late." He said.
I rolled my eyes, "So where are you taking me Mr. Ambrose?"
"Gosh you're eager. It's a surprise!" He said.
"Aw." I told him.
"Well since you're so eager, hurry up. We're leaving." He said as he grabbed at my waist, causing a giggle to escape me.
I swatted his hand away, but then he grabbed that hand and led me to his car. I smiled to myself and Dean smirked at my reaction.
"I really have quite the effect on you don't I?" He asked cockily.
"And I have an even bigger effect on you Ambrose," I told him.
"Hey. Not denying it." He said.
"When did you start being a decent person?" I asked him.
"I've always been a decent person- a great person actually. You just took a long time to realize it." He said which made me laugh. 

"I don't know about that. I mean you did make my first couple weeks here much harder than they had to be," I told him, poking him in the shoulder accusingly.

"Only because I know how much you love a challenge."

"Well played," I told him, as he held the car door open for me to get in. Immediately we started heading towards the "mysterious place."
"So Dean. Can you tell me where we're going now?" I asked.
"I can... But I won't." He said.
"You're so mean to me." I pouted.
"Well. I'm mean to everyone. So in comparison, I'm actually really nice to you." He joked, causing me to laugh and he had a big smile on his face. It was really nice to see him smile.
At one point in the ride, he put his hand on my thigh.
I gulped and awkwardly looked out the window.
"You're so beautiful." He said quietly.
Now that made my cheeks redden to the point where they looked like tomatoes.
Say something!
"Thank you," I told him, "Are we there yet?" I added wanting to ease the awkwardness
"Actually yes." He said.
"Build-a-bear workshop?" I asked him, laughing. This was so not Dean or me honestly.
"You should know me better than that." He said, "it's the place next to it."
It was an old rundown looking place. It was a boxing club.
"This is where I fought with people before organized wrestling. I was insane. I did it to hurt people. And I wanted to bring you here, so I could have a good memory of this place. I've never brought a girl here before, and I wanted you to see a match here." He said.
"Dean. Thank you for taking me here. It means a lot that you're opening up to me like this." I told him.
"Well let's go in." He said, grabbing onto my hand and opening the door.
The place was really packed, dark, and cold.
I instinctively wrapped my arms around myself. Dean saw this and put his arm around me.
I smiled up at him.
"Moxley!" I heard lots of guys yell.
One guy came up to us.
He looked to be about 6"8. He even towered over Dean.
"Mox! You brought a girl!" he verbalized, while eyeing me.
"The name is Jones." He said.
He stuck his hand out for me to shake. And I shook it.
After shaking my hand, he brought it up to his chapped lips to kiss it.
I gave him a nervous smile, "Well it's nice to meet you."

"The pleasure's all mine," he replied.
Dean looked really pissed but I whispered in his ear, "Calm down. Let's go watch the match."
We walked towards the ring. Everyone was standing up because there weren't any chairs.
Dean protectively put his arm back around me.
I leaned into his chest and watched the match.
There was a lot more blood than there was in the WWE, but I actually enjoyed watching it.
Somehow, I slipped out of Dean's death grip and wiggled my way to the front.
I received a lot of stares, considering the fact that I'm a 5"4 girl in heels (so obviously overdressed for the occasion) cheering on some guys beating each other up.
The guy with curly brown hair knocked the other guy out and covered him for the win.
He was very attractive. But he had nothing on Dean.
He got handed a microphone (I'm surprised they have working microphones in this dump). Reminds me of where I used to wrestle, even before FCW.
"I would just like to dedicate this match to this pretty little lady in the front." He said.
Everyone's attention turned towards me.
He held his hand out for me to get in the ring. I shook my head no.
"Come on." He said.
"Do it. Do it. Do it!" Everyone chanted.
I looked for Dean, but I couldn't find him in the crowd of bodies.
I hesitantly got in the ring and everyone cheered.
I saw Dean and his eyes went wide. He was livid. 

"Would you take a look at this fine specimen?" the guy asked the crowd, resulting in many wolf whistles and extended glances.
"So little lady. Tell me your name." He said.
"Um. Ella." I said into the microphone. I honestly had no idea where this was going, but I didn't really care to find out.
"Ella my dear. How old are you?" He asked.
"23." I responded, receiving some cheers from the audience.
"So Ella. What do you do?" He asked.
"I'm a wrestler." I told him.
"You?" He asked.
"Yeah for the WWE." 
The crowd started laughing and booing. I wasn't sure why, but it's certainly not the reaction I'm used to when I reveal my profession.
"First of all. We don't like jokers, but luckily for you, you're cute, so I'll let it slide. But there's one thing we don't tolerate even more than jokers, and that's those in the WWE. They are a disgrace to the word wrestling!" He spat.
I'm guessing they didn't know Dean was a wrestler in the WWE.
"Uh. I was kidding. I'm a- a-" but Dean cut me off by yelling, "she's a dancer!"
Thank you Dean.
"He's right," I said, "I'm a dancer. I'm a dancer who needs to leave this place right now." I told him as I tried to get out of the ring. But he grabbed my arm.
"I hope to see you soon." He said.
"The feeling's not mutual." I growled, "Now let go of my arm."
"What did you say princess?" He asked.
He called me princess. When Dean says it, it's cute, but when this guy said it, it disgusted me.
"I said, I don't want to see you again and I asked you to let go of my arm," I said through gritted teeth.
The crowd OOHed.
"You shouldn't have said that baby girl." He said.
How many nicknames does he have?
"Oh yeah," I stepped closer to him, "Why not?"
I don't know if it was the adrenaline, but I was feeling super confident at the moment. 
He stepped up to me and looked down on me in an incredibly demeaning way, so I did the first thing I could think of. I slapped him, and you could hear the smack from the back of the room.
Before he could retaliate, I slid out the ring and ran to Dean, who was cracking up. We approached the entrance of the place, both with big grins on our faces
"Sorry I couldn't really make this a good memory for you." I told him.
"Are you kidding me? That was sick! Although Jones had to hold me back at first." He said, "Oh and one of my old friends got the whole thing on video and sent it to me!"
"Well I know how to make this date even better." I told him.
"How?" He asked.
I immediately brought my lips to his. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he had one hand on my head, the other on my waist.
We pulled apart and looked into each others' eyes.
I looked behind me to see that guy running after me.
"Let's go Dean!" I said to him.
He turned around and the guy ran up to us.
"Control your crazy girlfriend!" He yelled.
Dean being the protective guy he is, turned around and punched him in the face.
"Now, let's go." he said.
I laughed as we ran to the car.
"That was so fun!" I exclaimed, "can I see the video?"
He handed me his phone and I watched the video. After it was over I took a few selfies.
"I can't believe I did that." I said.
"It was insane!" He said.
After singing to a few songs, we finally arrived at the hotel.
He walked me up to my room.
"I had a lot of fun with you tonight, Ella." He said.
"As did I," I replied. 

He leaned down for a kiss, and we shared one similar to the first, but just as magical. I felt him smile against my lips as I began to run my fingers through his hair.
We pulled apart and he pecked my lips one more time.
"Goodnight princess." He whispered.
"Goodnight Dean." I replied wide-eyed, not wanting the night to end.