Chapter 68

Friday Night Smackdown, May 2nd

"A stretcher Dean! Last week, they had to wheel him out on a stretcher!" I said through gritted teeth, "All because of Kane. And tonight! They sicked him on Brie? Are you serious?"

"I know El, it's ridiculous," he said rubbing my shoulder.

"They can't keep getting away with all this," I told him with an angry look on my face, "I just wish there was more I could do."

Dean sighed and leaned forward looking me in my eyes, "I mean- I'm sure there's more you could do. You saw the reaction you got out of them when you kicked your dad."

"True. Maybe I could accompany you guys to your match on Sunday. Would you be okay with that?" I asked him.

"I'd be fine with it. But I still want you to think about whether or not getting involved with this is worth it. You don't need to pick sides" he assured me, with careful words.

"You're right," I shrugged, "It's just weird. Seeing my parents as flawed people, not just my perfect parents who I've idolized forever," 

Dean had a slightly worried look on his face, "They're still the same. They're still your parents."

"I know that. I'm not saying they've changed- they've always been like this. But I'm just now realizing it. And I'm really not okay with it."

He pulled me in for a hug before saying, "I understand. Just don't stress yourself out too much. Try not to overthink everything."

"I'll try," I smiled, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Well would you look at the two lovebirds," my dad said, with cameras following closely behind him. 

"What do you want?" I grimaced, finally standing face to face with my father, not backing down.

"I definitely don't want you fraternizing with the enemy," he grumbled, tugging me closer to him.

"Fraternizing with the enemy?" I mocked, "You sound so childish right now, dad."

"Ella, you're my daughter. I can forgive you for that little stunt you pulled Monday night. But him? No. He and his buddies have raised hell in my company and they need to be put down."

"Gosh dad, you sound like such an egotistical dictator," I spat.

"Like I said Ella, you're my baby girl. Your mother and I love you with all that we are. But come Sunday, you need to pick a side, and I highly suggest you pick the right one."

"And what side, might that be?" I challenged him.

"Just use your head Ella. I don't want you to get hurt," he responded.

"She won't be getting hurt," Dean said, stepping in front of me protectively. 

I glared at both of them before saying, "I won't get hurt because I'll be protecting myself and looking out for myself as always. Now if you two barbaric meatheads will excuse me, I have somewhere to be."

I stormed off with a smirk on my face, while the cameras caught the shocked faces of Dean and my dad that were being displayed on the titantron.

Tonight, I had my contract signing for Extreme Rules, and after that Dean had to defend his United States Championship in a fatal fourway.

On Sunday, I'd be competing against Tamina. 

I walked to the gorilla, waited for my cue, then walked down the ramp. 

Tamina and my mom were already waiting in the ring.

Tamina had a confident smirk on her face and my mom had a fake smile plastered on hers. 

I walked up the stairs and got in the ring, with my microphone in hand.

"Hello everybody! Tonight we have a contract signing for the diva's championship match that will be held this Sunday at extreme rules: the defending champion Ella versus the challenger Tamina!" my mom paused for a reaction, "Alright ladies, let's get started, take your seats."

  As we sat down, my mom gave us both an opportunity to speak saying, "Anything to say?"

"Wow, we get to speak?" I asked with a shocked look on my face that turned into a smirk on my face when the crowd began to cheer, "Because I thought this signing was just an opportunity for you to get your t.v. time."

Tamina tried to stifle a laugh while my mom's fake smile turned into a full on scowl, "Just because you are my daughter doesn't mean that you can disrespect me or get special treatment. You still work for me."

"You got me there," I laughed, "so what are you gonna do about it?"

"You asked for it. This Sunday will be a no holds barred, falls count anywhere match for the title, and if you are counted out Tamina will still win the diva's championship," my mom responded getting mixed reactions from the crowd. 

On the inside, yeah, I was pissed. But on the outside, I had to look calm and collected. So I shrugged my shoulders and signed the contract.

"Anything else?" I smirked.

Before my mom could say anything, Tamina spoke into the microphone, "I wouldn't get too confident Ella. I am highly favored to win this match."

"Tamina, I never underestimate my competition. But I think we all know what's going to happen in this match. Come Sunday, I'm going to embarrass both of you," I sneered looking at the two women in front of me, before sliding out of the ring. 

"Well there you have it, we're set for a great match between these two lovely ladies on Sunday!" Jerry exclaimed. I walked backwards up the ramp, glaring at the two women in front of me, before getting backstage. I immediately walked to the Shield lockerroom.

"Hello boys," I smirked. 

"Ella," Seth yelled, running towards me and scooping me up in a huge hug, causing me to laugh. 

I noticed Dean rolling his eyes, which caused me to mouth, "Cut it out." 

When Seth finally let me go, I walked toward Dean and sat on his lap, causing his eyes to widen, and I planted a kiss on his jaw.

"Hey," Dean smirked. 

"Hi my love," I caressed his cheek.

"Get a room," Roman groaned. 

"Believe me, I've tried," Dean laughed causing me to hit his chest.

"Are you ready for your match?" I asked him.

"Always," he said confidently.

"That's what I like to hear," I smirked.

We hung out in the locker room a bit before Dean had to leave for his match. 

"You can wait in here if you want," he told me as he stood up.

"Okay," I smiled, as he planted a kiss on my cheek, "Good luck Bean. Make me proud."

"Stop it with this nickname nonsense," he chuckled, "it's not your strong suit."

"Okay Beany boo. Go kick some ass," I responded, causing him to playfully roll his eyes. And when he began to walk away, I slapped him on the backside causing him to turn around quickly with a fake scowl on his face. I shot him a quick wink before he kept on walking.