Legosi's POV•

As I sit in class with Jack, the classroom is buzzing around us.

Our ears perk very slightly at the the gossip floating around us.

A new student?

The teacher calls for our attention and class begins.

About 20 minutes into the lesson a quiet knock echoes through the room. Everyone seems to look at the door expectantly.

Except me,
I'm already failing this subject.

I peer up momentarily and our eyes lock from across the room. Honey; eyes untainted, golden honey. Next I notice their-no her fur, as white as the purest snow. A soft cheery blossom blush, flushing to her cheeks.

Legosi what are you doing?!?!

Snapping out of it, quickly looking away, back to my work.

Jack says something to me but shrouded in my own embarrassment, I don't process his words until a shove is sent my way.

"What the-"

Jack gestures to the other side of me, I freeze.

Please don't tell me she's standing right there!

Slowly turning, I try not to flush as she speaks.

"Hey, is this seat taken?"

A sweat begins to build on my brow,

"Uh yeah- wait I mean- you can sit there!"

She bows her head towards me and sits, mumbling a thanks.

While she is grabbing her stuff, I take my time to take her in.

Long, fluffy fur. Longer than many other carnivores I've seen and yet, not scruffy at all. Smooth wavy. Her ears- wait what? Ears, tail, fur.

She's a wolf... like me?

She's really tall for a female.

"I'm Jack! And this is Legosi, sorry about him! He's not very good with people."

She jumps slightly,

"O-oh, my name is Okami and uh-"

She then scratches her head almost nervously and mumbles,

"I'm not very good with people either."

Jack wiggles his eyebrows at me doggishly, I stare back at him deadpanned.

He seems to forget that I really like Haru, silly dog.

We all start focusing on the lesson and continue without a problem.

*time skip brought to you by my sore thumb from typing on my phone*

•Okami's POV•

Class has finished, I pack up and walk away from Jack and his friend Legosi with an awkward wave and head off towards the office where I will be shown to my dorm.

I greet the Housemother with a respectful bow.

I'm nervous, so far the females here seem to bristle or quiver in my presence. I try hard not to seem so intimidating. I cut my claws every day, I don't hold eye contact, I keep my head down, I never stand straight because of my height, I generally avoid the males, I never growl or show my fangs.

But as the Housemother stands in front of me and explains that almost no females feel comfortable with me staying in their dorm, I feel isolated. Alone.