21

*Okami's POV*

I feel someone shaking my arm lightly. Grumbling in response and pushing their hands away, I tell Legosi to let me sleep.

A loud sigh is heard after my words and I open my eyes. Jack stands, slumped next to my bed. His eyes not meeting mine, I look to Collot who's standing in my door way. He offers me a soft smile.

My eyebrows furrow. Jack hands me a shirt which I hastily put on. I look to my side and feel my blood run cold. Eyes brimming with tears as I look towards my friends, they slowly climb onto the bed and sit on either side of me.

"Where is he?"

My voice cracks and for once, Jacks gaze meets mine. Collot moves to hold my hand and Jack looks at him. I follow Jacks gaze.

"He chose, Okami."

I feel my heart shatter like glass, the shards cutting my lungs. Filling with blood as I struggle to breathe. My resolve cracking, the flood gates open and tears stream down my cheeks.

He chose Haru

I should have known

We're not destined to be together,

I'm not destined to be with anyone

That is my fate.

The two boys pull me in and hug me tight, trying to hold together the pieces of my crumbling life. After a while, the tears fade. The pain hurts slightly less. My grasp on emotions altered to the point of blankness.

I pull away and grab the clothes I had prepared before my- intimate moment with that wolf.

Getting changed in the bathroom, I come out to see my dearest friends waiting for me. I hug them both tightly before speaking.

"I have something to do before I go to the park, I'll meet you guys there."

Jack goes to speak up, probably to say that they won't leave me alone, until Collot places his hand on Jack's shoulder and shakes his head.

I watch the exchange between the two before speaking again.

"I just need a little time, I'll be there soon."

They nod and we head out in our opposite directions. My destination isn't far, but it feels like hours as I trod along the sidewalk. As it comes into sight, the heavy weight on my heart lessens slightly.

I walk through the gates, past many people and even more flowers and stop at one bench in particular. Sitting down and looking to the water fountain in front of me.

"Hi, Mama."

*Jack's POV*

Collot and I walk in a deep silence towards the park, both of us lost in our own thoughts. How could Legosi do that to her? To either of them? Is he going to tell Haru?

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as we reach the park. We walk up to them, an awkward pause in the conversation occurs as Legosi's eyes dart between us both confusingly. He goes to speak but Haru cuts him off.

"Where's Okami? This was her idea..."

I look to Collot, not knowing what to say.

"She wasn't feeling too good, she said she'd meet up with us soon though."

He spoke on my behalf and Gohin tossed me a concerned glance, I replied with an uneasy shrug.

Haru, not oblivious to the tension but obviously wanting to get away, bounds to her feet and makes a comment on the ice cream cart before strolling away. Gohin speaks as soon as she is out of listening range.

"What the fuck happened back at the apartment and where THE FUCK IS OKAMI?!?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short but big surprise coming at 10K reads and some plot twisties in the next chapters yeet.

I LOVE YOU ALL

please never stop commenting because I love reading your comments. The honestly brighten my day.