3 (part 3)

*Okami's POV*

First thing in the morning, I make my way to the hospital wing.

He's here, he's safe.

When I arrive, Legosi is still resting as a side effect from the pain relief.

One of the school nurses quickly looks me over, bandaging my knuckles as they had split badly, and an open bite wound on my thigh I had yet to notice.

Legosi woke up right as I went to leave,

"Okami!"

I pause and look back at him,

"Thank you, for everything."

Smiling and turning back towards the door, I say,

"Anything for you."

And walk out.

Right as Juno decides to visit him, she looks at me strangely as I hold the door open for her. Time seems to slow as her eyes meet mine.

Jealousy. Infatuation. Possesion.

I narrow my eyes slightly and time resumes to normal as her eyes snap away from mine submissively.

Getting the sense that something was going to go wrong seemed like a common occurance in my life, I waited just around the corner in a blind spot.

Sitting with my eyes closed, I focus. The rest of my senses heightened, I scent Haru coming towards the infirmary. At the same time, I hear Juno open the door to leave.

I stand slowly and walk after them. My eyes still closed. Listening to everything Juno says. They snap open, I can practically feel them glow with annoyance and both girls tense at the weight of my stare.

"Juno, darling,"

I drawl out, leisurely stalking up the stairs towards her.

"Heard of personal space?"

Raising and eyebrow, I stand over her and wait for a reply.

"Haru here and I were just having a little talk-"

I cut her off,

"About Legosi, yes dear, I am aware and I must ask you something. Did your mother not teach you manners?"

Both girls look at me startled,

"Wh-wh-what do you mean?!"

My eyes glow brighter.

"Do not play innocence with me Juno. Keep your little nose out of other peoples business. I know exactly how she-wolves are, I am one."

I watch as Haru begins to look nervous, sensing the underlying threat in my tone as Juno begins to sweat.

"Y-Yes Okami, if I may be excused!"

With a quick bow, she rushes off quickly in the other direction. I take a deep breath and sit on the step next to where Haru is standing.

"You okay?"

She looks at me strangely before beginning to rant,

"Thanks for that but I didn't need your help,"

I raise and eyebrow,

"And I don't understand why you stepped in, it's obvious you like Legosi too so why would you help me?? I don't understand, is this all some ploy?? A game to play with the little herbivore?!?!"

Looking at Haru calmly, I smile and chuckle.

"You don't realize how wrong you are Haru."

She huffs and sits next to me,

"Explain then."

Sighing, I reveal something I've never said out loud.

"I love him, Haru. That's the difference between me and Juno. She is obsessed with him, infatuated. She is angry because you get his attention in a way she doesn't. That's why I'm not like her. In a way, Haru, I love you too. Platonically, because you make him happy,"

I look into her eyes and speak from my heart,

"You make him happy, Haru. How could I hate you for making the wolf I love happy? So long as he's happy, I am content. Even if I am not the reason for his happiness."

Standing, I look at her and bow my head.

"Thank you Haru, have a good day."

I feel her gaze on my back as I walk away but I don't look back, I've said my piece.