19

*Okami's POV*

I sat silently in my room, tears rolling down my cheeks. I hear the door creak and I look up sheepishly. Haru slowly dawdles in and sits next to me, her dark eyes filled with too many emotions to decipher.

"It's for the best, you know?"

Glancing at her, confused,

"What do you mean?"

I croak to which she shrugs and replies,

"He loves me, Okami. And I love him. It's for the best that you both stop whatever this is between you two before people get hurt- I mean, more hurt. You understand that, don't you?"

Slowly nodding my head, eyes narrowed on her small frame. She pats me condescendingly.

Your lucky I don't sit on your skinny ass and crush you, you two faced playboy bunny.

"See, Okami? I knew deep down that you were a very smart she-wolf."

I'm about to reply when Gohin barges in,

"Ah, sorry ladies. Breakfast is ready!"

Haru thanks him and practically skips out of the room. I glare at her fuzzy backside as Gohin chuckles.

"Please don't eat her, I don't need you as one of my patients as well. I see enough of you in my free time."

This makes me crack a smile,

"So how much did you hear?"

He shakes his head.

"Enough to know that you may be a biological bitch, but she is one through and through."

Laughing, I chuck some sweatpants on top of my shorts and make my way out to eat with everyone else.

Seeing Haru look at me with smug hostility, I decide to sit between Jack and Collot. Legosi slumps in his chair slightly as I do and I can't help but look at him strangely.

"Morning, big little sister!!"

Jack practically screeches and ruffles my fur, making me huff slightly and try to fix it. Collot howls with laughter before giving me a hand.

"Good morning, 'Kami. You sleep good?"

Waving my hand dismissively and piling my plate high with food. I feel Legosi's eyes burning into my flesh so, like the smart and gentle girl I am, I sharply kick the leg of his chair and shovel my mouth full of food as he fell.

Pretending to choke on my food as the others laugh and help him up,

"What happened, Legosi?"

Haru asks concerned.

"I- I fell."

He replies simply before following my lead and eating silently. Jack glances at me suspiciously then looks at Collot, who just shrugs in return. As he looks away, Collot leans down and whispers in my ear,

"Busted."

And in that moment, I actually choked on my food. As I coughed and hacked, Gohin stuck his head out from the kitchen. The three males at the table launched towards me to try help while Haru stared blankly as my face turned pink at the lack of oxygen.

Gohin walks out and hits me, unnecessarily hard, flat on my back and I find myself able to breathe again. Wiping my eyes and pushing the canines away as they flutter around me like worried mothers, I punch the panda hard.

He doubles over slightly and wheezes out a laugh.

"that hurt."

I grumble lowly before stomping childishly back to my food. Going to shovel some more food into my mouth, in a very unladylike manner, someone grabs my hand.

"Please be careful."

Looking up at Legosi, trying to ignore the warmth radiating from his touch. I push his hand away and ignore his words.

Haru's dark eyes still trained on me intently, I give her a wide, disgusting, food filled, canine flashing grin before I continue eating.

Jack watches me worriedly after seeing that while Collot lounges with one hand on my chair and the other helping him scoff food in a similar technique to mine. Legosi's gaze is stuck on Collot's hand on my chair while Haru, I don't even want to know.

This is going to be a long, LONG break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merry Christmas, twice in one day!

Honestly, every time someone comments it motivates me to update so please never stop hahaha.

Love you all, stay safe and watch out for each other