4 (part 2)

*Okami's POV*

Following the scents of Legosi and Haru, I make my way up the stairs.

Beginning to hear bits and pieces of the conversation, I look up.

"I love you"

Is all I hear before my eyes begin to water, I don't listen to the rest and decide to take a different route back to the dorms.

I get back quickly, Jack and the others already floating around the rooms.

Stress food, stress food. What can I stress eat?!

Shuffling through the kitchen, I find the ingredients to make pancakes. With shaking hands and glassy eyes, I begin to cook.

Jack walks up and slowly turns me away from the pan after pouring some batter in, and hugs me tightly.

I sniffle slightly and hiccup,

"What's wrong, 'Kami?"

Chuckling slightly at the nickname, I mumble just loud enough for him to hear.

"He loves her, Jack. He really does."

I pull back and my eyes meet his, he wipes a tear from my cheek.

"You're like a sister to me 'Kami, I hate to see you cry!"

Laughing and turning back towards the pancakes, Jack pulls out another pan and begins to heat it up. Helping me cook pancakes for anyone who asks.

Once we finish with the pancakes, Jack goes to get ready for bed as I cook eggs and rice.

Placing the leftover pancakes on one plate and the eggs and rice on another, I put covers over them both and put them on Legosi's night stand before getting changed and climbing over his bunk and into my own.

Stop worrying! He's not in danger or freshly injured this time, I don't need to be so alert!!

Sighing, I pull out one of my all time favourite books and start to read.

A couple hours go by and right as I finish the book and am about to give up, I hear Legosi sneaking into the room.

Silently climbing down, I let him hear my feet on the floor and reach up to lightly flick his ear.

He smiles at me and moves towards the fridge,

"Foods on your night stand,"

I whisper

"Might be cold by now but still edible."

He chuckles and strokes my head,

"Thanks Okami, you're a life saver."

I make myself a hot drink and sit on the bench as I sip. Legosi leans on the bench facing me and eats quickly.

He finishes eating before I finish my drink, I'm a little surprised he hasn't thrown up because it was a lot of food.

I finish of my drink and climb back up onto my bed,

"Hey Okami?"

"Yes, Legosi?"

"I mean it, Thank you for everything,"

He stands in front of my bunk and kisses my forehead, I internally swoon. Until,

"You're like the sister I never had, love you Okami."

He ducks down into his bed and I feel my eyes water again.

"And I love you, Legosi."

Laying back down, silently wiping my tears away and trying to sleep, I know that he didn't hear my reply the way I meant it but at least I feel like it's off my chest now.

*Legosi's POV*

I had finally admitted my feelings to Haru and I felt free.

I practically floated back to the dorm, prancing around security and the Housemother, I let myself in.

Hearing light footsteps come towards me, I recognise Okami immediately.

She's the only one who walks so quietly as to not wake anyone up.

Giving me instructions on where to find the food and sitting with me while I ate.

I'm surprised she remembered that I hate to eat alone.

I feel her watching me strangely as I scarf down the food, I know she made it even if she won't admit it because none of the males can cook like her.

Feeling creepy and slightly guilty, I watch her as well. Her Snow White fur glowing in the moonlight that flickered through the open window. Her always strange pyjamas, I know she wears them on purpose to make us laugh, to make us comfortable around her.

Finishing my food, I go get ready for bed and when I'm done she has already climbed into her bunk.

I say my piece and kiss her forehead, telling her she's the sister I never had and that I love her before climbing into bed.

My ears perk as she says it back. But deep down, really deep down, I think she means it in a different way?

Shaking my head slightly, dismissing that feeling all together. I take a deep breath before falling asleep,

I smell salt- no, tears?

But I'm too far gone.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Wow okay 2 in 1 day, I'm on a roll gang.

Merry Christmas folks.