22

There will be a A/N at the end, please read!

*Okami's POV*

I pull my legs up onto the bench and turn away from the fountain, tracing my fingers over the gold plaque.

I think about how wrong the world is.

To be played like a violin by the boy I love.

Thinking about how heartless my Father must've been to place a bench and plaque on the spot my Mama passed.

The urge to hunt him down fading as the years go by.

I think about every night my Mama would tell me stories, hopeless romantic stories that almost always ended the same way.

Sighing, I turn back towards the fountain.

"What do I do, Mama? It hurts, the way he has treated me."

Her voice echoes through my conscience.

"Stay strong, my Okami. Remember what your name means."

Slumping in the seat, basking in the sunlight. I catch wind on someone walking slightly past me and sitting a few feet away. I open my eyes slowly, studying the older female. She glances back at me with kind eyes before averting her gaze. Not minding my stare as I look over the Leopardess.

"My name is Kaida,"

I watch immersed as she spoke. Taking my silence as the option to continue, she speaks again.

"I work close to here, I was good friends with your mother. I come here almost everyday to eat my lunch."

My ears go down slightly, how does she know who I am? As if sensing my slight change in emotion, she glances at me and smiles brightly.

"You're the spitting image of Hayami, how could I not recognise you? I was also there for your birth!"

She winks and I feel my face fill with surprise. Kaida laughs at my expression and looks through her bag. We fall into a comfortable silence as she does so, until she pulls out a small picture and shows it to me.

There Kaida is, holding my Mama's hand as the doctor on the side hands Mama a small fuzzy white ball in a blanket.

That's me. I'm the fuzzy white ball!

I practically jump on the Leopardess next to me, hugging her tightly. The heavy loneliness in my chest seems to fade. She hugs me back tightly and rubs my back in a very motherly fashion.

"C'mon little wolf, I bet you have places to be."

Nodding my head, I tell her of my plans to meet my friends at the park. She offers me a ride which I graciously accept. In hind sight, that wasn't the brightest idea. Kaida drives me all the way there and I drag her along to meet everyone.

As we search for them I hear a loud, familiar shout from behind me.

"OKAMI!!"

Suddenly I'm in the air, two big arms wrapped around me. I recognise the black and white fur of my father figure and laugh loudly as he squeezes me. Only after placing me back on my feet, does he speak again.

"Jesus Christ, Kid. Please for the love of all things sane, tell us where you are going next time!-"

His scolding rant gets cut off as Kaida steps partially in front of me.

"Good to see you again, Gohin. But I would prefer if you didn't shout at my best friends daughter."

Gohin freezes and for the first time, he looks a bit... flustered?....

I look towards Collot, Jack and Legosi who are all also looking between myself, Kaida and the flustered Panda in amazement. Giggling loudly, I sprint and wedge myself between Collot and Jack and loop my arms around theirs.

We all watch with amusement as the big scary Panda stumbles over his words and Kaida just smiles at him and gives him a hug, and, to our surprise, a fat smooch on the cheek before turning to me and winking playfully.

"I'll be heading off now my little wolf, if you're anything like your mother then I should tell you to stay out of trouble!"

She ruffles my fur and hands me a card with her number before saying her goodbyes and heading back to work.

"Who was that??"

Jack asks me as soon as she's gone to which I crack a wide grin.

"That was Kaida, she was friends with my Mama."

I pull out the picture she had given me from the day of my birth and show it to Jack, Collot, Gohin and Legosi. Turning to look at them all, I can't help but wonder...

"Hey guys, um... Where's Haru?.."

Each and every expression in the group changes and suddenly we're on a rabbit hunt.

Not again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To celebrate hitting 10k reads and 500+ votes, I have officially started writing Gohin's side along story. You will notice that parts of chapters may be repeated in the other book because Gohin's book will be written as an extention of this one so to speak.

First 2-5 chapters of his book will be published NEXT WEEK.

Also lovelies, please understand that isolation is hard and impacting everyone in different ways. Please be kind to everyone and forgive me if I do not update, that will only happen if I cannot pay my internet bill for this month.

I'm sorry, I love you all, stay safe out there!!