11

*Okami's POV*

Slowly rousing to the sound of feet shuffling in a distant part of the room, opening my eyes and peering over the couch to see Gohin dawdling around. Not yet fully awake, I lay back down and pull the blanket over my head.

I hear the Panda move to the couch nearest to me and place something on the coffee table. Peaking out, I spy the food and slowly sit up before beginning to eat.

"I've got work tonight, so I'm going to walk you home today. Okay, Kid?"

Nodding my head, I devour the food. He chuckles and I look at him with big eyes.

Fuck that was so impolite of me.

Gohin pats me on the shoulder before walking down the hall to what I assume is his bedroom. Finishing my food and rinsing my dish, I go back to the couch and fold the blanket neatly before plonking back down and awaiting his return.

Not much time passes before he comes out and gestures for us to leave,

"You do know you're going to have to lead the way right?"

He says to me and I look at him with a deadpan expression.

Walking up many of the city streets in a comfortable silence, we soon reach the building where my apartment is.

"There, Kid. Home, Sweet Home."

I look at him weirdly before replying lowly,

"I don't have a home, Panda. This is just where I keep the food."

Gohin looks stuck between commenting on my lack of home and laughing at the way I said it so I just shake my head and smile.

"Thanks for everything, Gohin."

I hug him tightly, surprised as he hugs me back.

"Okay, Kid. Don't get all soppy on me now."

We both chuckle and say our goodbyes before I enter the complex. Making my way up to my apartment, I start to feel... odd.

My body flushes with heat and ringing echoes through my ears. Covering them in an attempt to make it stop, my stomach twists and clenches painfully. Practically crawling to my door, I lock it behind me and make my way to the bathroom.

Sitting on the floor, leaning on the bathtub, the porcelain sending cooling waves across my fur. I turn the shower on and slowly sit underneath the drizzling cold water, gently washing away the blood which trickled from between my thighs.

My first heat has started.

After sitting in the shower for a while longer and mentally forming a checklist of things I knew had to be done, I get out and dry off. Getting dressed in shorts and a bra as my body couldn't handle warmth properly in this moment, I go out and begin closing, locking and covering all windows and doors.

Not taking any risks, I dead bolt all the doors as well as using the usual locks.

I'm only 17, I can't risk any male getting in here. I'm not ready for pups, not with a stranger.

Turning on the air conditioning to a cooler temperature than normal, I decide to hunker down on my couch and binge watch some of my favourite shows.

This is going to be a long week.

I think to myself and slowly close my eyes in exhaustion, the peak of my heat for this day slowly build up and draining me of the energy I have left. I succumb to the darkness and rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's a lil late my dears,

I struggled to sleep last night and as a side effect, I woke up late!

Any questions/queries/comments are welcome!