13

*Okami's POV*

Time roars past, I only get out of the shower once I realize the water is cold and the sun has set. Numbly walking down the hall to my bedroom, putting on sweats and a hoodie, I grab some towels.

I feel my lip quiver and my eyes begin to water as I make my way towards the corner with the intent of cleaning.

I can't do this.

Dropping the towels and making a dive for the couch. I hug the cushions to my chest and eye my phone wearily.

No one would be free this late, I'm on my own.

As if a symbol from a higher power, my phone starts to ring.

It's Gohin.

*Hotaru's POV*

Her screams and pleads wreak havoc through my mind as I sob painfully. Retching as my beast finds pleasure in my pain and forces me to relive it over and over.

I stumble back to the hotel, crying out as I bang on the door for Legosi to let me in. Slinking against the door, hot, painful tears roll down my cheeks.

He finally opens the door, taking one look at me before pulling me into the room.

I can't even look at him.

Whimpering in guilt, shame and self-loathing, I drop to my knees in front of him.

"Please forgive me, Legosi. I didn't mean for this to happen, I didn't want this to happen. I tried to fight it, I tried so hard! Please-"

He grabs me by shoulders and snaps me to look him in the eyes.

"Breathe, Hotaru. Slow down and tell me what happened. Where have you been?"

Slowly lowering my gaze to the floor, I reply

"You were acting so strangely last night and this morning, when you went to shower I went through your phone and found the girls address. I swear to you, Legosi, I only wanted to talk to her b-but- I got angry... I broke down her door because she wouldn't let me in- I- She- She had just started her..."

I didn't need to continue, He abruptly roars to his feet. His fist smashes against the wall, wood shattering under the sheer rage behind the hit.

Shakily, I try to move towards the couch but only make a few successful steps before my legs give out and the sobbing returns.

I should have tried harder.

This is all my fault.

I hear the door slam harshly, Legosi leaving me to check on the girl whom I have broken. Leaving me to drown in self hatred.

*Legosi's POV*

Okami was in heat.

That's the only thought that runs through my head as I sprint to Okami's apartment. My legs starting to hurt, it's far but I need to- I need to be there for her.

Bolting up the stairs of her complex and running towards her door. I find myself face to face with Gohin, fixing the door.

He looks at me with a saddened expression.

"She's on the couch, don't ask."

Is all he says to me before letting me in, almost immediately I freeze.

Claw marks cover the half of the hallway, blood in the shape of knuckle indents dried on the walls. As I walk forward queasily forwards and into the living room, out of the corner of my eye I spot a large pool of blood and- hurriedly I make my way to Okami.

Slowly kneeling on the ground in front of her, I take her hands in mine. My larger ones covering her small shaky ones.

She cautiously looks up from her lap, the pain in her eyes tugging brutally on my heart strings. I feel my breath leaving my body as I notice the thick white bandages wrapped around her neck.

My throat constricts painfully as my eyes well up with silent tears. Patting the space next to her, Okami gestures for me to sit with her.

She moves towards me and I try to shuffle away, then I see her eyes.

The heartbreak,

The pain,

The hopelessness,

The grief,

Her voice cracks and quivers as she speaks.

"p-please, Legosi, hold me."

Okami's eyes fill with unshed tears,

"please, just for tonight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hello hello,

I once again, had trouble sleeping and woke up very late but HERE YA GOOOOO.

Do what I gotta do just gotta show you that I'm the one,

LOVE YOU ALL