4 (part 1)

*Okami's POV*

It's finally the day of the Meteor Festival.

While Haru seems to be having an internal debate, I help set up her flowers and some extra twinkling lights.

Watching her look off in Legosi's direction; once, twice, three times, I say to her,

"Just hear him out and even if you don't like what he has to say, you don't need to let it change things between you two."

She looks up at me anxiously,

"I'll even take care of the stand for you, now GO Haru!"

Haru looks at me once more before running off into the crowd to find Legosi.

I watch from a distance as the girls from the Drama Club perform, narrowing my eyes on Juno.

I don't like her, but I can't do anything to her... for now.

The dance ends and Juno begins to speak, I stop paying attention to her words and watch Haru and Legosi interact fondly. Until,

Why the FUCK is Legosi being dragged up onto the stage?!?!

I bolt forward and in less than a second, I'm next to Haru.

She jumps slightly at my sudden appearance and I look at her,

"I'll take care of her, don't you worry about that."

Haru begins to shake nervously, I snap my gaze back to Juno and I watch her begin to look slightly, very slightly, unsettled.

She looks into the crowd as she speaks and I make sure my eyes burn into hers, as soon as her eyes meet mine, mine begin to glow.

I know what I look like right now, my eyes are glowing red hot embers, my gaze is the fire making my victim burn.

With her eyes on me, I stand up dead straight. To everyone around us it would seem like I'm trying to get a better view.

I feel Haru tremble slightly as I do this, my 5'10 frame standing over almost all females and majority of males.

Juno's gaze flickers away from mine in a quick sharp movement and I slowly smile, a soft smile but if you saw my eyes you would know my true intentions.

I sense the despair and heartbreak coming of Haru in waves and quickly snap down to my knees and whisper to her.

"They may look good together but it's all for show, this is what Juno wants. But it's not what he wants."

Haru looks up and follows my gesture to Legosi, who, for lack of better words, looks like a constipated teenager whose had to go talk to a doctor of the opposite sex about their bodily functions.

She looks away and slowly goes to leave as Juno pulls Legosi towards the stupid relationship 'light a candle and your relationship will last forever' bullshit thing.

I silently walk after them, waiting till Juno shuts THE FUCK UP and Legosi tries to stutter something out before cutting in.

"Hi darlings, having a good evening I suppose!"

I smile at Legosi and my eyes snap to Juno, full of borderline malicious intent. She flinches back, but barely noticeably.

Before either reply, I speak again.

"Well, sorry to interrupt but Legosi you need to head back towards school! Someone said they need to talk to you-"

Both wolves cut me off at once,

"But-"

"Who-"

I clap loudly, startling them both into silence.

"No dilly-dallying now! Legosi, hop along.Your friend is on their way towards school. I'll keep our dear-"

My eyes snap to Juno's,
"-friend company. I'll see you tonight!"

I lightly- okay admittedly, not that lightly -shove Legosi away and tightly interlock my arm with Juno's.

Once again, Legosi the ever oblivious wolf that he is, doesn't sense the underlying aggression pouring off me and hurries off.

As soon as Legosi is out of sight, I push Juno away from me and smile darkly.

"What did I say, Juno?"

I stalk towards her slowly, taking joy in watching her shuffle away from me.

"It's not right! He shouldn't be in love with a-"

I growl lowly, just loud enough for her to hear.

"A what Juno?? Finish that sentence, I dare you."

Watching as her eyes fill with young adolescent defiance, she steps forward. Almost chest to chest, I make the slight move forward so that we are and tilt my head down to look at her.

A fleeting look of regret flashes across her face before she grinds out,

"A whore!!"

I take a small step back, I know she thinks I'm backing down. But no, I'm preparing to do one of the most embarrassing punishments,

My hand snaps up and a twist her ear harshly, she drops to her knees and I let go.

"C'mon JUNO! Let's play PUP!! You're the one who wanted to play with the big kids!"

I circle her like my prey, many of her little friends try to step in but get stopped by the older carnivores.

Explaining that it needs to happen, that there's a hierarchy not just in the school but in certain species as well and that Juno had been challenging me.

I don't bare my fangs again, I watch as she stands limply.

"Give up?"

I ask her silently, she nods.

Turning to walk away, hearing her move.

I sense her claws before I feel them, I let them leave their mark before snapping around and grabbing her wrist sharply.

My eyes glowing once more, she begins to tremble. Quickly bringing her arm around behind her and forcing her onto her knees once more.

"Juno, as a wolf I had more leniency towards you, I went easy on you. Thinking you would learn, not anymore. One more fuck up Juno, one more and I don't care about the school rules anymore. I will teach you a proper, unbridled, lesson."

I press on the pressure points on the back of her neck with my free hand, making her fall unconscious.

Walking away from her screaming friends, the older carnivores pat me lightly on the shoulder in recognition.

I nod my head at them and go off to find Legosi and Haru.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Another one bites the dust 🎵