16

*Okami's POV*

After that revelation, things calmed down.

For the first time in a very long time, I felt like I had a family.

"Hey, why don't we rearrange the furniture and all sleep in here??"

Collot speaks up and everyone perks up. Turning to me for confirmation before the boys scrambled up to move the couches.

"I'll go grab blankets!"

I shout over their ruckus. Heading into the hallway and towards the linen closet, I pause. Staring at the floor ahead of me queasily, in the back of my mind I hear everyone calling for me but I can't bring myself to move.

Jumping as hands are suddenly on my shoulders, my gaze snaps up and meets Gohin's uneasily.

"S'Okay, Kid. I'll grab them."

He slowly turns me around and I shakily walk back towards everyone, taking notice of them all looking at me strangely.

Except Legosi

He quickly steps forwards and pulls me into a soft hug.

"What happened?"

Haru asks curiously and I feel myself begin to shake. I get the feeling that they all just looked at her, she gasped and I could hear her choke on a sob.

Legosi lets me slowly let go and sit the floor. The small rabbit is on her knees in front of me immediately, taking Legosi's place in my arms. Holding me tightly before whispering in my ear,

"Here?"

I nod my head sadly and she hugs me tighter. Gohin returns with the blankets and we drag the mattresses out of my spare rooms, placing them to form a warped circle with a big hole in the middle.

"Kid,"

Looking away from the movie, I turn to Gohin.

"I'm going to head off, message me if you need anything."

Getting up and hugging him tightly before bidding him farewell and returning to my seat. Out of the corner of my eye I see Legosi make a lovey expression at Haru as she moves closer to him and I look down at my lap.

Why did I think this would change anything? He's just being a good friend. His feelings won't change towards me and I should know that by now... but I still hoped...

I feel like such a bad person. A bad friend. I told Haru that I am happy if Legosi is happy with her, and I am but I still try. I need to give up. I need to leave Legosi alone and not interfere with him and Haru.

A series of nudges pull me out of my thoughts, I turn towards Collot and Jack on each side of me.

"We know what you're thinking,"

Collot starts

"Don't give up on him yet."

Jack finishes before winking at me playfully and I feel myself being tugged to Collot's side. An almost unnoticeable growl whispers through the room, drowned out by the movie. I feel Legosi's eyes burning into Collot and I.

Maybe they're right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's short gang!

My online school started yesterday, not enjoying it so far. I generally don't like people so self isolation has me screwed up because I'm actually starting to miss people???

Ew.

Anyways, stay safe out there!

LOVE YOU ALL