14

I thought it was cute

I found this while scrolling through Pinterest and well- essentially this is how I picture Okami (in different clothes and paler fur)

Now, back onto the story!

*Legosi's POV*

I find myself in a similar situation as to the other evening.

Okami resting on my chest, our legs tangled together, her warm breath brushing against my fur. Except there's a difference. 

Her hands clutch my shirt in a tight grip, her eyes puffy and her cheeks stained with tears. Even in her sleep, I can feel the waves of pain and anguish rolling off her and over me.

Softly stroking her head, she nuzzles into my chest. I hear the door quietly open, scenting Gohin before he rounds the corner. He nods in my direction and continues to the kitchen.

Sizzling and the smell of egg fills the apartment quickly, rousing Okami from her sleep. She doesn't look at me as she stands and makes her way to Gohin. My heart sinks slightly.

I walk in after her and we all stand in silence before Gohin speaks.

"Wolf boy, go take a shower. You look like you need one."

Looking at Okami, she nods her head towards me. I agree and leave the room.

*Okami's POV*

As Legosi goes to clean himself up, I look to Gohin.

"What's up, Kid? I can tell you've got something on your mind."

Sighing, I reply.

"Can you do something for me?"

He turns to look at me curiously before returning his attention to the food.

"Depends, what do you need done?"

I look away awkwardly and whisper,

"could you please go to the pharmacy for me?"

Gohin quickly flicks off the element and turns to face me, his usually stern face wiped away with concern.

"Of course, Kid. Anything else?"

My voice cracks as I speak,

"I- I don't want to be alone."

Eyes watering, I hear him take a deep breath before hugging me tightly.

"It's going to be okay, Kid. We're going to figure this out."

Hugging this Panda back tightly, this Panda who I haven't known long and know almost nothing about, this Panda who knows almost nothing about me and my life, is more of a father figure to me than my biological one.

I slowly move away and decide to lighten the mood,

"Don't get soppy on me now old man, the foods getting cold."

He chuckles and shakes his head at me before continuing to cook.

*Gohin's POV*

I serve some food to Okami and put some on plates for myself and Legosi.

See? I do know their names

Okami has almost finished eating by the time Legosi has finished. She eats quickly and announces that she's going to have a shower and leaves the room in the same manner that Legosi did earlier.

Grabbing my plate and his, I sit down at the table and hand him the food.

We eat in comfortable silence, lost in our own thoughts until I choose to speak.

"I'm going to head out for a bit once she's finished. I'll be back but I think you should try talk to her about inviting a few close friends over, she doesn't want to be alone."

Legosi looks up from his food and nods his head.

"Where are you going?"

Not knowing whether or not she wants him to know, I choose my words carefully.

"Just going to buy some stuff."

He nods his head once more and we continue eating.

Right as it starts to get awkward a door slamming and a groan followed by fast patters of feet echo through. Immediately we both jump to our feet, ready to run out when-

"DON'T COME OUT!!!! I FORGOT MY CLOTHES!!!!"

Hearing Okami's door slam loudly, Wolf boy and I look at each other before bursting out laughing.

Practically smelling her embarrassment from here, I decide I should take my leave.

I put my dishes in the sink and make my way towards her room, knocking twice without opening the door.

"I'm off now, Kid. You have my number if you need anything."

She peeks out around the door,

"Thank you, be back soon?"

Smiling at her and tapping her on the head,

"Of course."

Making my way towards the door and waving at Legosi as I leave. Once I close the door behind me, a big sigh escapes.

She reminds me of her.

I'd do anything to protect her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's late loves, days have been getting stressful as I get closer to starting school again.

I've been getting pretty sick (it's not coronavirus, so relax, I will not die before finishing my books.) So I'm still trying my best to commit to at least one new chapter a day!

LOVE YOU ALL