10

*Legosi's POV*

I didn't have the heart to move Okami off of me once she fell asleep. Continuing to play with her fur and rub her back and thighs, I couldn't help but get lost in my thoughts.

Her touch is so comforting and warm; but Haru's sparks a unquenchable fire within me.

Her tall, thick figure fits snuggly- perfectly against my own; but Haru's petite frame, lying beneath me, makes me feel so strong.

Gouhin and my cousin Hotaru return, and sit on the couch next to ours. My nosey cousin speaks up,

"I thought you said you were in love with that Haru girl?"

Sighing, I look down at Okami fondly before replying.

"I am. But Okami still means a lot to me."

Gouhin stares at me for a moment before saying,

"So you're still hung up on the rabbit, even though this she-wolf has unnecessarily put her life on the line for you to save said rabbit? You know the Leader of the Shishigumi was about to shoot you while you were busy fondling your little play boy bunny, so she killed him?"

I go to speak but pause as Okami shifts slightly, nuzzling into my chest and grumbling to be quiet and let her sleep.

The other occupants in the room chuckled, Hotaru saying he's going to get a room at the nearest Hotel and Gouhin saying that Okami and I could camp out on the couches.

Silently thanking them both, I slowly move my body to lie down semi-comfortably on the couch with Okami still on top of me. I peer down at her affectionately.

Our legs tangling together, her soft body molding against mine, the soft sleeping breaths escaping her lips. It feels... right.

Yet oh so wrong at the same time.

What about Haru? She would be so upset if she found out about this. She'd probably leave me and go back to some ass who wants to use her, like Louis! I love her, so how could I be doing this?

With those thoughts ringing through my head, I push Okami off my chest which wakes her up quite suddenly. Moving away quickly, grabbing my phone and leaving to go find my cousin before she has a chance to speak.

*Okami's POV*

I watch sadly as Legosi practically sprints away from me. I know he must be feeling bad about all that has happened this evening.

Hearing Gohin walk up behind me, I slowly close the door and turn to face him. He looks at me worriedly and I try reassure him with a shaky smile. Progressing back to the couch I was sleeping on, I sit and begin to think.

Gohin sits on the couch nearest to me and hands over a cup of nice hot bamboo tea.

"You want to talk about it, Kid?"

Sighing, I take a sip before replying calmly.

"I pushed him. I know he loves her and I still pushed him, I just hope I haven't ruined our friendship."

Looking down at my cup as my eyes begin to water,

"I just-"

My voice cracks painfully and tears begin to roll down my cheeks, I whimper out pathetically,

"I don't want to lose him, Gohin."

Quickly putting my cup down on the small coffee table before it spills, the sobbing begins.

Gohin slowly moves to kneel on the floor in front of me, wiping my tears.

"Please stop crying, Kid."

I glance up to see a broken expression on his face and I feel my heart wrench excoriatingly. Loud, painful sobs wretch out of my shattered body.

He quickly pulls me down and wraps his arms around me, hushing me as you would with a small child.

"Shhh, Kid. Everything is going to be okay, just relax."

My sobs slowly die down into small whimpers and cries, Gohin still holds me close and begins to speak softly.

"You know, Kid, you remind me of someone I knew a very long time ago. So kind and strong, smart and brave, knew when to pick their battles, and just like you, they had a very big and loving heart. Both of you have the type of soul that made almost anyone and everyone love you as soon as you opened up-"

He continued to speak, telling tales of an unknown person.

Is this what children feel like? Is this what it feels like to have a real guardian?

The unknown feeling of comfort provided by a true guardian calming me, Gohin's rough voice slowly lulls me back to a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was bored and decided to add a new chapter, damn I spoil y'all *cheeky wink*

What do you think?

Y'all are gunna hate meeeeeeeeeee...