3 (part 2)

Okami's POV

We burst through the doors, Gohin and I quickly taking down the first few Lions before bounding up the stairs after Legosi.

A few drops of blood and sweat later, it's the last group of Lions below where Haru is being kept.

Gohin is dwindling slightly behind me as the male carnivores make the most of his weakness, his nose.

Legosi tries to turn and helps us but is cut off by both of us shouting at him to save Haru, once he is up the stairs, worrying for his safety is no longer at the forefront of my mind.

Placing myself between Gouhin and the Lions, I shove them back as far as I can and take a deep breath,

and release my inner beast.

Gohin recovers quickly and takes stance next to me, together we quickly and ruthlessly tear threw these monsters, chewing them up and spitting them out like gum.

Now their all unconscious or fatally wounded, we take a minute to breathe before restraining them and taking their weapons.

"Are you going to stick around?"

I look to the strong Panda who has just fought beside me and chuckle before replying,

"You already know my answer, don't you?"

He smiles,

"For an animal with such heightened senses, he's pretty fucking blind isn't he?"

I laugh and shake my head, bidding my farewells before heading towards the staircase.

Making my way up the stairs, I sneak into the room. Legosi and Haru oblivious, in their own little world, they leave not long after.

The Leader on the floor begins to stir and growls, watching him curiously I slowly tread after him as he steps into the balcony.

Quickly realising he's about to try shoot Legosi, I snap into action.

Knocking the gun out of his hand and shoving the barrel of the one I had stolen from on of the men, into his mouth.

I watch as his eyes fill with fear. Seeing my reflection in those eyes, I smile.

Cold, Murderous, Vengeful

He whimpers at the sight of my fangs and his eyes grow large as my own begin to glow in the darkness.

Bang.

Dropping like a sack of potatoes, without glancing at his body, I jump over the railing and follow after the scent of my love and his love.

Damn that hurts to think about, but as long as he's happy.

It doesn't take me long to catch up to them, slipping into a nearby store and buying some different clothes for myself as well as a long, hooded coat and a pouch which I fill with what's left of my money.

Silently walking past them as Legosi lies down on a park bench, I toss the pouch. Landing just in front of Haru's feet, I walk faster hearing her call out for me.

Using my tail to dust away my footsteps as I go, I disappear into the shadows. Quickly making my way to the train station to take what seems to be the last train for the night.

Sighing, I realise their going to have to get a hotel room together. I look down sadly at my feet as the train takes off in the direction of the school.

At least I gave them enough money for food and a room, they'll be safe now.

I run as fast as I can when the train stops. Sneaking past the security guards, I make it back to the dorms in time for the Housemother to grill me and my dorm mates on Legosi's whereabouts.

I say nothing of course, it's not really mine to tell. But I know this night will be a sleepless one, constantly worrying about his safety.