35

"Damn, that idiot pharaoh is always going off on his own" Bakura cursed to him self. Melino could not help but agree. She should be helping! What if something happened?

"Marie took him somewhere. She wouldn't have just done that if there wasnt a reason behind it" Tom said looking over at him.

Tom, Bakura, Marik and Minerva were currently making their way up to the castle.

"Has anyone thought of what we are going to do once we get there?" Minerva questioned being the only one worried about their plan.

"We don't do plans. We just wing it" Marik replied.

"That's what kept me alive this far" Bakura added.

"How you are alive, I do not know" Minerva scowled.

As they reached the entrance of the school they saw a massive black hold where the door should be.

"What is that?" Minerva asked with wide eyes.

"That...is the portal to the shadows" Bakura replied grimly. "Sorry professor, but you are going to have to stay here" he added.

Minerva's eyes narrowed. "I'm not just going to stay here!" She hissed.

"You don't have a millennium item more can you use the shadows. You are staying behind. If you go in there. You will not make it. The shadows will take you" Marik explained.

"You too Melino" Bakura says. 

"what? NO" Melino exclaimed looking at him shocked. "Im going with you!" she exclaimed. 

"you need to stay here with Minerva. Incase something happens" Bakura explained. 

"I can help!" Melino growled. 

"you are more help out here than you are in there!" Bakura snapped. "If something happens to us in there you can tell the others. And if something attacks the professor while you guys are waiting. more fire power" He says. 

"TOM!" Minerva exclaimed as he walked into the darkness without a care. She had been completely ignoring what Bakura had said. 

"Gotta admit...the guy has guts" Marik commented.

Bakura walked in after Tom. Marik followed behind him shortly after. Melino snarled in anger as she stomped her foot and crossed her arms. 

Tom continued walking as though he had not noticed the footsteps following him. He had a look of determination set.

He looked around with an eerie feeling. The corridor seemed endless. Looking behind him, he realized that he was alone. The footsteps stopped.

"Where did they go?" He whispered as he looked around.

"You should be more worried about where you are mortal" a demonic voice growled in the shadows.

Tom tensed having heard the voice.

"Who are you?" He asked coldly.

"Who are we he says" a snicker from another voice came through the shadows.

His eyes moved to the ground seeing movement as large claws appeared in sight. Looking back up he saw to large monsters walking towards him

"He doesn't remember us" the first voice said with a purr. "I am known as Bastet" the first creature spoke.

 "I am known as Bastet" the first creature spoke